1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Stanley Richards, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, I know what you're going to say.

"Play online, it's the best way to survive those huge ass Wyverns."

But what if, You're unable to go online, for reasons you don't have to explain? I wish to play this game Solo without "game-saving". When I start off, I get 11 weapons to choose from, and not much selections from the store. It will be hard getting enough materials to get a better weapon by the first Wyvern you come to, which is I think "Tigrex". It happens from the HR1 quest where you're asked to "Collect 3 Popo tongues". Is this some kind of tease? It's a gathering quest, not a slaying quest. And I can often dodge it, but when It does hit me, it takes 90% of my health, and I run out of consumables that restore my health. And I am not sure how hard that Wyvern is, but judging from videos of Tigrex on HR9... I guess it's very. So yes... What's the best way for me to get acquainted with the game before I get to the first Wyvern?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Have you tried running away from said beast and looking else where?

I'd go to another area, get what I can, etc...also monster hunter is one of the hardest games ever made so expect...alot of pain.

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Not really, I'd think it's some sort of trick where you're supposed to kill the beast. But the monsters I'm supposed to kill are in the same area as the Wyvern, and Beating them, collecting their tongues can use alot of time, in which the Wyvern can use to crash into you, and also, you can't heal while walking.

4. light_x_dark

light_x_dark Well-Known Member

You know, if I recall, when the Tigrex first appears, the popos run away to a different area. Why not just avoid the tigrex? Follow the popos and kill 'em off. And if the Tigrex appears again, just follow the popos....again. I don't think it's mandatory to kill the Tigrex. Of course, it would be easier if you paintball it it first, so you know where it is, and where it's headed.

P.S If I'm not mistaken, you have more of a chance to get a popo's tongue if you scavenge near the head.