1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Models of R4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crystalchaosx7, Sep 30, 2009.

1. I've read around some topics about if people have R4 or the cloned version or R4 SDHC... errr something like that... Can someone please explain how to tell or what the difference is of the R4 models out there? My R4 card says:

R4
    Revolution for DS
    (NDSL/NDS)

Which is this?
    Thanks in advanced for responses and I apologize if I posted in the wrong thread or if there is an existing topic... I'm a bit new here ^_^''

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Yours should be a real one...
    Do you have a picture?

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If it doesn't say just "r4" it's a fake or a clone.

And seriously-some of these clones are based on the acekard-get that instead.

4. sparxxraps

sparxxraps Well-Known Member

Mine is R4 sdhc its a fake but it works. I got a 4 gb card in it an it works fine never given me a prob id prefer fake since real is like outdated. even tho im gonna get me a cyclo ds when i get the cash. But ill keep my r4 for a backup.

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

on mine is standing:
    R4-sdhc
    revolution for ds
    (ndsl/nds)

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

To get an idea of just how many there are, have a look at the clone section here: http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

7. thanks very much for the answers guys ^_^
    Post Merge: [time]1254334688[/time]
    What is DSTT or the YSmenu for the R4 cards? I'm so confused when im reading up on how to fix something fro my games and people are mentioning these things X_X
    Post Merge: [time]1254335355[/time]
    How can I upload pics in topics?

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

DSTT is a different flashcart, YSMenu is firmware based off DSTT's firmware (as it is not encrypted).

Upload your image to a site http://www.imageshack.us , copy the image link between [img*][/img*] tags (remove the asterisks).

I myself have a genuine original.

9. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Use [nobbc][nobbc][/nobbc][/nobbc] tags.

10. Ah ok so it has nothin to do with the R4 cards. Those things are just another type or flashcard?

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes, but that firmware can be used on the R4/DSTT, and possibly others.

12. Thank you very much for the info Amandjones ^_^ *applaude and thumbs up*