1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Modding Wondering about the Acekard Ds Mod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hotnsweetspicez014, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Hi there,
    Just wondering this may be a stupid question. But i remember when i had the gba or even advanced games on my NDS this was a while ago obviously but i was wondering because i did not know there was a mod for the advanced system. Can you put gba games on your acekard 2.0 for NDS?
    This may be a stupid q to anyone who knows the answer but i was jw. because the ds does have both slots and plays both on the same system.
    Thanks for your replies

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

you cannot play gba games directly from an acekard......or any other flash cart for that matter.

but some cards...like the ez flash vi and the acekard 2 (or acekard i believe???) have the funtiounality of using the ez flash 3 in 1....which is a gba flash cart that can be used with said above carts to directly load gba roms from the nds cart

if you're lucky you can find one for the ds phat if that's what you use? they have them for the dsl too.

but you can also just use an ez flash iv to boot gba games, but only from the gba cart....
    i have an ez iv, but that's cause i have a dsi........the ez flash 3 in 1 is cheaper anyways!!

hope that helps!

3. Thank you very much! I have a ds Lite and Acekard 2. I was hoping to play some gba games. Now can i purchase that part on the net somewhere

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

yeah....dealextreme.com has some fairly good rates, but they're really slow.......up to a month...

that's the only place that i use to buy my carts from and they're pretty good except for that...

i coudn't find any, but just check out some online stores and you'll find TONS!!

5. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

So I can play Gba games on my Acekard2i.Ive got r4sdhc and ez3 in1 flash and am changing over the carts on Sunday.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

yep.....acekard 2i has ez flash 3 in 1 support i believe.......but make sure you use AKAIO!!

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

hotnsweet-did you say your using a 2?

I heeard that was onje of the worse acekard's ever made, something to do with the spring and some other issues, if you can, locate a 2.1 or at best 2.i like I currently run (or double check the label on the card jus incase you only saw the 2 part :) )

It's easy, grab an ezy 3 in 1 flash cart, ram that in slot 2, and if there are any gba games in the acekard it will load them to the slot 2-heck once traffered you can use that tiny cart on a gba alone-and transfer the sav data back to the acekard by mearly starting it up again :)

8. theunderling

So I dont need rudolphs gbaloader.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i don't think so.........i think that's like for back up or something?

but i know that you need an acekard 2i or acekard or the sorts (preferably with AKAIO) and an ez flash 3 in 1 to play gba......

ask mds about rudolf...i don't know anything about that!!

10. theunderling

Ive hassled MDS about writing a guide.There are a couple here but they change halfway through from the Ds to the Dsi and that confuses me a bit.Theres no mention about how to load Gba stuff or if you need to update anything.

Ive just received 2 x ak2i's and theres nothing wrong with my r4sdhc,so if I cant get Gba or cheats/saves,Ill not be using them.