1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Modchipped Psx to play roms from this website

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by albsie, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. albsie

albsie New Member

Hi there, I just found my old Playstation 1 at my parent's house and realised I had thrown out all of my games. I had it mod chipped so I could play burned games but the thing is I don't have any originals to burn from. I've downloaded Mortal Kombat Trilogy .rar file from this website and was wondering if this will work on my console?
    Thankyou,

reg

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I not saying it will, but if you extract the iso or it might be a bin - cue image from the .rar arcive

And burn it onto a disc with a image burner like Nero or magicISO at 4X speed, It should work on a chiped PS...

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You're much better off using imgburn, nero doesnt always burn console images properly and magiciso et al are crap.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Extract the files from within the rar file using 7zip/winrar, keep the extracted contents together, and (while using img burn) burn that to a disc.

Preety easy :)

5. albsie

albsie New Member

Hi there,

I did this to Mortal Kombat Trilogy and it has no sound and is in black and white. My console is PAL as i'm from Australia, and the rom is ntsc. Do you think that could have anything to do with it?

6. Loonylion

Yes, thats why. NTSC and PAL are incompatible colour encodings.

7. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

Also burn the disk in the black media..huh...i think the name of that media is DIGIMASTER or somethin' and 4x speed and you'll be fine.

8. Loonylion

you dont need black media. just good media (TDK/Verbatim)

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Maybe in the old days...you don't need to search for that stuff.

Sony works as well just to add :)

10. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

well if your PSX model is the SPCH 9000 burn the games at 8x, aand they will run very smoothly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.