1. This forum is in read-only mode.

mod my wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Themagekiler, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Themagekiler

Themagekiler Member

I just got a wii as a present and bought a few games. The reasonf or making this topic is my cousin broke my guitar hero cd and now I am unable to play it. So this got me thinking should I mod my wii?
    I've been researching and they say the wii key is the best, so I have some questions.
    1) How safe is modding a wii?
    2) How do I update the wiikey?
    3) Do I have to constantly worry about updating my wii to prevent it form bricking?
    4) Does anyone know a reliable place in toronto? (pacific mall)
    5)Do you think this site is reliable? http://www.gtapmod.com/contact.html

2. ndsrulz1

ndsrulz1 Active Member

I think that site is not reliable and moding the wii is pretty safe i have had virtually no prior soldering training and i successfully modded my wii updateing the wii is very easy you just burn the update iso and pop it in. i suggest not downloading the wii games as they take for ever and most are on rapidshare you can get a lg drive for 19 dollars and rip the games yourself it only takes about 2 and a half hours and once your done ripping remember to burn at 4x's speed on a dvd.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Modding a Wii is fairly easy and safe if you know what your doing
    Updating usually requires burning the update to a disk and running it in your Wii
    Bricking is common when using a game from a different region which carries an update, just be bloody careful!

4. Themagekiler

Themagekiler Member

I've heard people trying to play Mario galaxy and bricking there wii because they didn't update it yet. Where can I get this information about which games are not covered by the chip.

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

dont know, try a Wii forum.

6. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i've been thinking of doing the same thing. when u say bricking what happens to the wii never had a prob like that with any of my other mods

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ pretty much wont load, wont turn on and your fucked, throw it away kinda thing.

8. Hogs Breath

Hogs Breath Member

Nah its possible fixed just requires wire tinkering, and the site probably is reliable, i think

9. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

right i have done a bit of reading across the net the only way ur wii gets bricked is if u play a game from a different region from ur console that has a firmware update on it.
    so to stay safe only play backups from ur own region
    if u want to play games from other regions u need to make sure its not a game with an update on it unless u alrady have that update for ur own region but still u will have no probs if u stick to ur own region

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

this is your last warning, equitypetey. stop using text/chat speak ('u' / 'ur') or you will get negative karma.