1. This forum is in read-only mode.

MMORPG performance

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by someirishkid, Sep 24, 2010.

1. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

I play an MMORPG called Perfect World. While playing it shows my Ping, and it says (and it's true) that I have intense lag.
    Here are my specs: Acer Extensa 5230
    Vista Home Basic SP2
    Genuine Intel(R) CPU 585 @ 2.16GHz 2.16GHz
    3GB ram
    Intel GMA 4500M graphics

Yeah, yeah, my computer sucks, i know. I'm running PWI on all low settings. Are there any methods of increasing Ping? (by the way, my internet connection isn't super fast.)

I have a Game Booster program, but I don't know if that improves connection speeds.
    Thanks in advance, hope my post wasn't too long :p

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

If i'm correct, ping has to do with the connection speed between the server and your computer...if you can, i dunno cuz i've never played the game, use a different server which is closer to your location.. and also, for most MMORPG's, that's what i would call "decent"..i've never seen the graphics on that game, but i have the same graphics card, and it can play runescape on MAXIMUM settings, so it just has to do with your connection i believe...

EDIT: DAMN! That's some nice ass graphics! just by the screenshots, a lil lag could be caused by your GPU, but those were taken on maximum settings probably..what is your connection speed?

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

ping is the roundtrip time between your computer and the server. There isnt a whole lot you can do about it.

4. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

The only problem is all servers on that game are pretty far away from me. Most of them are in America or Asia.
    Also, all my characters are on one server, so can't really switch. Thanks for the replies anyway, I think I'll go do some intense googling now :)