1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mitochondrial Eve (sound familiar?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Jan 16, 2008.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Mitochondrial Eve

this article remind me of Parasite Eve (Mitochondrial Eve is one of the boss and main character in the game), one of the best game in PSX XD

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Parasite Eve was that ps1 shooting game by Squaresoft wasn't it?

3. calvin_0

its not really a shooting game, its more toward FF like action game, and yes its by Squaresoft.....

the game is continue from Parasite Eve, a japanese novel about endosymbiotic theory by Hideaki Sena....i never read the novel my self but the game cover enough info about the novel to know what the novel is all about.

4. anandjones

Oh okay, I just remembered playing it ages ago and I forgot what it's about.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

You're both wrong! Parasite Eve is classified under survival horror, but having elements of RPGs thrown in, it is sub classified into, RPG Survival horror.

And as a tidbit, did you guys know that this game was loosely based, meaning the plot & almost everything was changed, from a less known Manga by the name of "Parasite hunter", this manga's story was about a guy who hunts down an alien race that symbiotically takes over a person's body (just like "Venom"). this alien threat came to earth as a meteor shower, but who ever got "rained down" by the shower was infected by the aliens, except for the hero dude, who only got his left hand infected, thus giving his hand its own life, so together he & lefty (his alien infected hand) battle the invaders.

6. anandjones

Whoa, Cahos you know a lot about stuff don't you. Nice green.

7. calvin_0

well this is what wiki told me >.>

[quote author=Wikipedia]Parasite Eve (パラサイト・イヴ Parasaito Ivu?) is a survival horror console role-playing game developed and published by Square (now Square Enix). The game is a sequel to the novel Parasite Eve, written by Hideaki Sena.[/quote]

anyway they also make a movie of Parasite Eve in japan.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

AAAW man!! A Parasite Eve movie! Dang they should have Showed that flick worldwide, I'd sure watch that & it'd look really awesome on I'MAX

Thanks for the tidbit Calvin_0, I guess that Parasite Hunter Manga was a totally different thing altogether.

Oh & anandjones, don't say that!!! I'm like this 'cause I'm a total looser, I mean a Gamer nut, an Anime freak or Otaku, and a geek who loves nothing but to read read read, but I do have a "life" though!!! ;D

9. calvin_0

ya i wanted to watch the movie as well

10. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

I find the second game better. But the 1st was slightly scarier. If im not mistaken, theres a novel as well?

11. calvin_0

well the 2nd game is more toward action, while the 1st one is more toward turn-base....anyway i like both of them, its sad that square dont want to make a 3rd and ya they have a novel, the game is continue from the novel....