1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Minor Issue

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by LuckyTrouble77, Apr 30, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

My R4 original has worked fine since day one. It worked well in my DS Phat and has worked perfectly in my Lite until very recently.

Yesterday, I was playing Picross 3D and it froze on one of the puzzles. I think, no big deal, just reset it, probably a minor error. Shortly after restarting again, it freezes in the same place. At that point, I figure it might be AP that I didn't know about. After resetting the system that time, it didn't even register the fact that the R4 card was inserted and went straight to the normal DS menu. At that point, I knew something else was wrong. I then reset the system once, same issue. Again, same issue. I then removed the card, blew on the contacts, blew into the card slot its self, and put the R4 back in. At that point, it began to work again with no issue, and I've since progressed much further through the puzzles.

Today, I turned on the DS for the first time since before I went to school in the morning (it was working fine then), and it went straight to the DS menu without even recognizing the card was there again. This time I just reset the system and it worked fine. I have yet to try another cart in there while that issue was occurring to see if it was the card slot or the card its self, but I think it is the R4 card.

Is it only an issue with the contacts, or is this issue some what common and will just happen from time to time?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That happens to my Acekard 2i at times in my DSi XL.

It's a more common issue than you think. :)

When I had my R4-III, it used to do that from time and time.

Most likely, the contacts are dirty. Try cleaning them with a little amount of alcohol on the R4 card to see if that helps, or just use a cu-tip.

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll try wiping off the contacts with a q-tip to see if that prevents the issue from happening again for awhile. I figured it was probably dirt in either the slot or on the contacts since blowing on them ended the problem for at least a little while.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You couldn't imagine how dirty they actually get.

I once rubbed off 3 cu-tips worth of dirt off of a GBA game...pretty nasty.

5. useurcamera

useurcamera Active Member

so its actually safe to use alcohol and wipe it? heh heh
    i had no idea

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

A so very tiny amount.

Too much will hurt it.

7. useurcamera

useurcamera Active Member

i might try it out later on.
    like a drop only? very small drop?