1. This forum is in read-only mode.

MILK!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hanghanghang, Jul 21, 2008.

1. hanghanghang

hanghanghang Well-Known Member

What does milk do for you? Does it make you taller? Make your bones stronger?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

makes your bones stronger, I almost lost a finger once but because I drink loads of milk I didn't :)

3. hanghanghang

Does milk affect your height also o.o?

4. Loonylion

nope, I'm 4 foot 10 inches

5. hanghanghang

lol ooo how old are you? lol...and if you drink tooo much milk is it bad for you cuz of the callories and sugar thats in it?

6. Loonylion

I'm 21, and I've never had a problem despite drinking about 4 pints a day for most of a year.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Milk has calcium, so it makes your bones stronger :) Very good for you, 2-3 cups a day is good, me, I could suck a whole cow dry.

8. hanghanghang

ahaha you can suck a cow dry lol thats funny, my parents keep saying it makes you taller but i dont think it does...Your height is genetics right? =\

9. anandjones

Yeah, generally if your parents are short, you would be short. This is normally what happens. Milk does help you get taller somehow.

10. hanghanghang

hmmm i guesse ill be drinking a LOT of milk but then if im drinking cups and cups of milk, doesnt that add all the calories and sugar thats in the milk? Surprisingly to me milk has more sugar and callories than i thought!

11. anandjones

Please don't tell me you're like those people that think there are calories in water (mostly diet freaks and anorexics). There's not that much, you're not that old, you shouldn't really matter about that kind of stuff, I know I don't. That's unless you're a female.

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

there is suger in milk?.....what milk do you drink? cause the milk that i normally drink doesnt taste sweet....so i dont think there is any suger in them.....

13. Loonylion

My dad is 6 foot 1, so it doesn't always work like that.

Yes there is, but not a huge amount.

14. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

sugar is used in milk during the refining process, though its not alot at all, and no milk does not make you grow taller, if your genetics say you are going to be short then there is nothing you can eat or drink to change that.

15. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

so the suger in the milk is too low to make them sweet....

anyway, jumping can make your taller, or so i heard..... my tall friend is a basketball player during high school (and he is good at it) and none of his parent are tall....(his father is shorter then my mom)

16. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

your forgeting genes skip generations. both my mum and dad a very short but me and my brothers are all 6 ft plus.

17. marcy

marcy Guest

I don't think milk makes you grow taller.

I don't drink milk and I'm about 5 ft 7 in (1,70 m).

But I had some bone fractures in the past, maybe because of less(no) milk.

So, keep on drinking, I don't like milk, but keep on doing.

ps: I'm the tallest in my family. :)

18. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Im over 6ft, and I dont drink a lot of milk, ive also never broken anything, guess im just lucky.

and yeah genes are pretty complex, they can skip generations, and every now and then the recessive gene will come through, hence why two black people with brown hair and brown eyes can have a white child with blonde hair and blue eyes (Im sorry if that sounded racist, that was'nt my intent'.

19. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

sugar is in milk.

ever heard of lactose intolerance?

lactose is a sugar and it is in milk.

try drinking skim milk since it cuts out all of the fat content and it is almost completely water.

milk has some protein and important enzymes.

some dairy products like yogurt help people lose weight.

20. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

its natural yogurt not any old yogurt and it doesn't help you loose weight as such it helps by improving your digestive system.