1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by 1prinnydood, Dec 1, 2009.

1. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

This is a pre-emtive post in order to save the mods having to answer a string of questions regarding this game. This game has been dumped by Xenophobia with this message on the .nfo, "This has protection and doesn't work. But we will be looking at it... ".

There is a possibility that it may work with akaio (AceKard) loaders(see post below for more updated info) but it will not work on any other card until the Ubisoft protection checks have been worked through. This uses the same form of protection as C.O.P. the Recruit so it may take a while before a working version is created.

Thanks for reading.

XENOPHOBIA PATCH FOR MIGHT AND MAGIC CLASH OF HEROES

2. mishioshu

mishioshu Member

good to know actually!
    I was waiting and waiting and waiting and well, it's really good to know what's going on now
    Hopefully they'll get it working on mostly all cards

3. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Update: I cannot confirm the following info - This game will not currently work with akaio loaders, however I am told it does work using desmume-0.9.5-win32 emulator.

I can tell you that this game has around 230 470 piracy checks!! So sadly this may take a while to get fixed. :(

Anyway here is a trailer with game-play footage to whet your appetite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wccV45fsoJI&

Edit: This does seem to be at least partially working on desmume 0.9.4.

New Note: This may work on Supercard DS ONEi and EZ5 V1 & V2 using 512kbits eeprom save type(it will not work on later versions of EZ5 card) - I do not have these cards so I cannot confirm this info.

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I know this was released and I have it. I haven't added it because people who just complain about it not working. I will add it once it has been cracked or when another game is out so I don't have gaps in the release list.

5. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

i'm liking this game, been playing over an hour using No$gba 2.6a and No$zoomer,

there's been some talk of plenty of anti-piracy on this game, so i haven't tried it yet on a flashcard,

but on the emulator i mentioned i haven't encountered any problems "yet"

6. BL4CKB34RD

BL4CKB34RD Well-Known Member

Bein' a bearer o' bad news, the game is not playable on AceKard 2 when I tried it.

7. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

Ditto.......dont work on the acekard 2i.........for some reason the loader site isnt working for this card also....like 3 -4 days or so.....time grasshopper .....time .lol ......god bless

8. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Some info from one of the people working on a patch (originally posted on Team Cyclops Forum):

So progress is being made, Normmatt knows his stuff. ;)

I have played this for a bit on DesmuME, it oozes charm and quality(not like Ubisoft at all :p) Great graphics, sprite design is top quality, the music is astounding and atmospheric, gameplay is certainly different and if you hate puzzle games this may not be for you. Personally I am enjoying the gameplay and I am not a huge fan of puzzle games. Definitely worth checking out.

9. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

More than half is patched already! So it'll be ready soon.

10. SkimGuy

SkimGuy Active Member

Doesn't work in M3 real, in case anyone was wondering

11. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Nothing new. Usually when others have problems M3 is in the mix as well, used to be fixed with a simple firmware update but that seems to be slowing coming to an end, like all good things that must come to an end eventually.

12. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

R4i Gold ...it starts and the logos show up,but afterwards you can only hear music and the screen is pitch black.Meaning : it does not work :) if you wanted to know

cheers

13. gaara248

gaara248 New Member

Its a no go for the original R4DS using the YSMenu firmware.

14. FuryFlame

FuryFlame Member

Well, the cracker had 240/400 checks done. It should be done in 24 hours. At least that's my guess.

15. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

The only card that this has been confirmed to work on is SuperCard DS One.
    Unconfirmed cards are EZ5(version 1 or 2/ no other version).
    This game will not work with any other card

This game will work with DesmuME v0.9.4 & v0.9.5. The game will also work with no$gba 2.6a+no$zoomer(will freeze without zoomer).

Until the anti-piracy is broken these are the only ways to play this game, unless of course you buy it.

16. dr fe5

dr fe5 New Member

I wanna buy it in the stores but idk if it's good or not (i've seen the videos of gameplay footage but i wanna try it for myself) then i'll buy the game if i think it's good. So far... It aint working on my R4 and M3.

17. malakh

malakh Member

Just a head's up; no joy with EDGE.

18. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

Sad, So i guess i dont have to ask:(( It still weirds me out that games like this have such strict piracy blocks.

19. stebai

stebai New Member

Yeah - i have the Supercard dsonei and it does work. However i noticed the comment telling you how has disappeared, so incase anyone needs the info you need to set the patch but disable the patch speed. Unless you do this you just get the same black screens with music playing as other cards. Thanks to the guy who originally posted this info - hope it helps others enjoy this game.

20. mjavado

mjavado New Member

Well, if I do thát on my Supercard DS ONE, I get black screens right away.
    Does it matter that I boot the MSFORSC through YSMenu?
    I've got the patch configured like this: Enable Patch (and then nothing). Even tried without a single box checked ánd with saver patching.
    So... How is this supposed to work on Supercard, then?

Thanks in Advance,

Mjavado