1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Middle School Dance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikeac, Jan 16, 2010.

1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

So, I went to the middle school dance twice last semester, and twice last year, and it was pretty fun (NOT FREE). We had some cool themes and newer music (that people listen to on 93.3 FM radio ;D). Music included songs like Let it Rock, Meet Me Halfway, and they played Party in the USA like four times (WHICH WAS STUPID). Themes included carnival, the newest theme which was neon, and Plain White T's (ANOTHER STUPID IDEA). They also had games like Ping-Pong and Foosball, and served Pizza, Candy, Soda, Ice Cream, and Slushies, all that good stuff and more

Since I'm in fudging ASB (pretty much student council), I had to help set up the dance FOUR TIMES, which takes about two lunch periods and two hours before the dance after school, during the dance 5-7 (optional), and cleaning up for thirty more minutes after it's over.

They spend at least 2000 dollars on the DJ, twenty extra large pizzas from costco, 500 dollars on other food, and 100 dollars for decorations. WHERE IS THE SCHOOL GETTING THIS MONEH. Here, we have a 120,000 dollar budget, INCLUDING USELESS PTA CRAP. LA had around 10,000 of money for extra stuff, has a whole bunch of events like a fall festival, and leaves some budget behind. WTF.

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

The hell? 2 big ones on a playlist like that? Hell, I'd do it for 200 while supplying any amps and shit, PLUS guaranteeing a playlist that isn't full of miserable fail.

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I know. Buncha bull, right? So I sprayed my Liquid Ass in the doorway.

4. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Meet Me Halfway? Kenny Loggings? That's a deep romantic song, why they playing that at a middle school dance?...