1. This forum is in read-only mode.

microsoft points....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tomoka, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

okay, i think microsoft points to purchas ethings with are shit...the reasoning.. it cost $74.99 for 6000 microsoft points...the average arcade game, costs 800...the average original XBOX game, is 1200...so for $75 i could get like 12 games used...compared to, like, what? 5 on me 360 o_O i think they are shit...who agrees? who thinks i should buy them anyways since no store carries these anymore? ::)

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I honestly don't see a problem. If you do a money conversion, 400 points is five dollars. Most XBLA games are 800-1200 points, so that's in between ten to fifteen dollars. Which is a good price for a game, especially if the game you get is good.

Plus, it's actually supporting the developer, on the other hand, buying used games does not support the dev, all it does is give money to whichever store you're giving it to.

Oh, you're buying Xbox games on there? Don't bother, waste of money. Buying it used or from Amazon is your best bet.

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I wouldn't buy an actual game online, it takes up space on your HDD and what if your HDD breaks or something? You have to buy a new one AND games.
    If the games are available to buy in shop or online I will always prefer to have a disc.
    Theres always the option to sell them too if you own it.

4. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

I bought counterstrike on steam...

5. msg2009

I'd rather get an actual copy from ebay or cex.
    Mainly because im so tight I cant bear money been wasted like in my previous post.

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You don't have to rebuy the game, on a service like Steam or Xbox Live, you just redownload it and it works fine. If the digital download service is anywhere NEAR decent, it has the redownloading feature.

In which case, the only problem is the HDD that needs to be replaced.

7. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I back up my games just in case...

I'd rather get a digital copy.
    Same case: What if your CD breaks? You'll have to pay again.

8. msg2009

I suppose. But I'd rather own it because I look after my stuff.
    The only game I ever broke was FF7 about a week after its release, I swapped discs and left it on the floor then I moved my bed and the wheel went over the disc.
    I still own the replacement I got and its in very good condition, I play a back up copy so I don't ruin it.

9. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

okay...i keep all my 360's harddrive backed up on me external harddrive :p which means i just gotta log into my account to access them again, no need to buy again :p and plus i can always re-download them ^_^

so ya...i guess it is worth it....
    based on that, i'm buying a lotta points :p and also...i'm better off downloading my original XBOX games, cuz i have no luck with used stuffs T_T

10. msg2009

I had no idea that was possible.
    How do you do it?

11. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

easily...i just plug it in as storage...and copy it all ^O^ i also got one of the slims...so maybe it's a new feature?

12. msg2009

My HDD has a stupid connection that will only work on a 360, Ive found a site now though that shows me how to do it.

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The last dashboard update lets you use most USB flash drive/drives as an Xbox HDD.

14. msg2009

I never knew, I only turn it on when I want to play games, annoying updates just take up time.

15. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm...doesn't take to long...and i can play games while downloading :p

16. msg2009

I can't if its a dashboard update or a game update.
    Only time I can still play is if its something ive chose to download.

17. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

ahhhh....well..they can't take to long :p

18. msg2009

No not really, but I do have mobile broadband which makes it a lot longer than normal broadband.
    Its nothing really to moan about im just been picky.

19. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

no it isnt