1. This forum is in read-only mode.

microsoft offers a bundle for american 360 buyers...

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by ultra, Oct 8, 2007.

1. ultra

ultra Guest

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/825/825524p1.html

the offer is good till the end of october. the included games are forza motorsport 2 and marvel ultimate alliance. the offer is only good for the premium and elite edition and only for the USA, at least that's what its' said in the article. it's a pretty good deal as the forza game is 60 and ultimate alliance is 30, total is 90. if you subtract that from the cost of the system, that is the cost you pay for the system. 350-90=260 for an xbox 360 that sure beats the cost of the ps3 by nearly 50 percent. sony is in big trouble. imagine this was also happening in europe.

2. clugenheim

clugenheim Well-Known Member

Good deal if you were planning on buying a 360, but think about this:

1. If you want to play online with a 360, you need a wireless adapter (unless you want to play with the ethernet cable, which wouldn't work for me) for $100 + $50 for a year subscription.

2. At SAM's (and maybe other places. I don't know) , you can get Motorstorm free when you buy a 60gb PS3.

360:
    $340 after game deduction.
    +$150 for online stuff
    ______
    $490 + tax.

PS3:
    $440 after game deduction +tax

So uh, what happened to being 50% cheaper than the PS3? People obviously only look at the base price, and not extra costs. Ultimately, the PS3 is cheaper. Not only that, but you get more in a PS3, and I think it will last longer than the 360.

Oh, and I'm comparing the Elite to the 60GB PS3. So the two "premium" versions of each console.

Food for though.

3. ultra

ultra Guest

you just answered the question yourself that i was going to ask the question to you. basic cost compared to a variable cost. not everyone will have the same cost [not everyone will buy a wireless adapter and not everyone will be subscribing to xbox live]. because of that discrepency you can't simply use a variable to compare two things. it must be a constant variable. that is why i simply used the basic cost.

think about cars. you can simply buy a car as it is or you can buy the car along with some add-ons like having leather seats or tinted windows, etc.... now to compare someone buying the add-ons to something that doesn't have any add-ons would not be a justifiable comparison because not everyone would care for leather seatings or tinted windows.

4. clugenheim

clugenheim Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the PS3 has a free network adapter, as well as online. Most xbox owners are going to buy xbox live anyway though. I mean, if they don't, what does the 360 really have to offer? The only thing they have is a lot of games, which are almost all either one of these 3 things: FPS, racing game, or sport game. You can get all those on a PS3 if you wanted. You just wouldn't get Halo 3. =(

5. ultra

ultra Guest

it doesn't matter, you need to consider cost that is cost. not things that will affect the original cost.
    i understand that there are things that one system may have over the other and vice versa, but you simply just can't say one thing and consider that as what everyone will also be doing.

like when you buy a computer, who said it was mandatory you have to have a webcam, printer, scanner, etc, etc.... the reason we buy those things is because they are a conveniant for us as they are in the comfort of our own home. but there are people who don't buy those things and they manage to get their stuff printed and scanned.

if i bought a 360 [which i probably won't because of the high amounts of fps games] i won't buy xbox live because i'm not a big online gamer. that's why i don't support world of warcraft or ff11 online. and because of that, the online wireless adapter is useless for me. maybe to you it's something because you like the online scene, but it's not for me.