1. This forum is in read-only mode.

MicroSD to Memory Stick Duo adapter.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by microman93, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. microman93

microman93 Active Member

I found one on deal extreme and I was thinking about purchasing one but I wanted to know if anyone has ever used one before. Will the microSD cards be too slow for running isos? I have a spare 4 GB memory card because I recently bought an 8 GB for my DS so you think buying an adaptor would be good or should I just save up some money and buy an actual Memory Stick for the PSP.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Personally I'd save up and buy a Pro Duo for the PSP. It'd be less hassle in the long run. One less step, one less thing to fail.

3. microman93

microman93 Active Member

True, I was looking at the prices for Memory Sticks on DX and the prices are good but I heard some of them have crappy speeds (which was expected) I'll just keep looking around.

4. oberlisc

oberlisc Member

Hi Mate, I bought one of them adapters from dealextreme worked out around £3 delivered, already had a 8gb Microsd from Play.com when they were on offer for £9.99 delivered, had 1 problem didnt realise with this new firmware i had to let the PSP format the card so it can create the folders needed, but the card works great not one problem in over a months use (in and out to change games).

5. microman93

microman93 Active Member

Cool does it support MagicGate?

6. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

I was thinking of getting the adapter, 2 x 8gb microsd for the PSP.
    The price of a 4gb memory stick is about the same price as a 8gb microsd, and I could use it on the DS and DSi.
    Was wondering if there are any issues that I should know about, like is it slow because it's 16gb, will it crash sometimes because it not a true memory stick, etc.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Unless it's a proper pro duo, I doubt it...

Only speed, it takes FOREVER to load this way.

I got one :(

8. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

So it's slow loading, how about playing?

9. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Randolph,thats a small price to pay for a half-price card set-up.Why do you think I bought that adaptor........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.