1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Micro SD help please!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by tinamair, Aug 24, 2012.

1. tinamair

tinamair Member

Hi all,
    I have recently bought a new 16gb micro sd by SanDisk, I have copied over the moonshl2 folder, moonmemo and the R4i menu folder, plus some games.... but when i switch on my dsi, and select the flash (R4i Upgrade v1.4), it has a blank black screen on touch screen, and a white screen with a red menu? sd card shape on it. what do i need to do? please put it in newbie terms please, i'm a little clueless. BTW, i got the moonshl2 stuff from my 8gb card which works fine.

Thank u in advance! ;D

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

The menu? message usually means the firmware can't be found, so make sure you have the correct firmware and you have ALL the files and folders form the firmware on the microSD.

3. tinamair

tinamair Member

Re: R4i help please!

Ok, update:
    I've now updated the firmware from the official website of the flash card (R4i SDHC V1.4 from r4i-sdhc.com), I have put the kernel on but now I'm getting a loading screen. I have tried all the different kernel versions... to no avail! What next?

4. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

So you are saying the kernel works fine on your DSi using the 8GB, and the same kernel does not work on your 16GB?

5. tinamair

tinamair Member

yes, is that weird or what? Im really stuck! any ideas?

6. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

You should always format a new microSD before you use it, format it using the Panasonic SDFormatter.

7. tinamair

tinamair Member

ok thanks I've formatted it... but still getting the loading screen. dont get it.... :-[

8. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

Yeah there's no reason why it shouldn't work, i am out of options if you are using the same kernel and it works on your 8GB.

It leads me to think there's a problem with the 16GB card.

9. tinamair

tinamair Member

hmm possibly. trust me ive tried all the kernels on the r4i sdhc website, none are working, i give up. sob sob. :'( :'(

10. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

Put everything that you now have on your 16GB onto your 8GB and see if your 8GB works.