1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Micro SD Card issue?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Hiro-kunX2, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Hiro-kunX2

Hiro-kunX2 Member

Hello, I recently bought a Nintendo DS Lite with a SD card (Micro SD card inserted) and a R4 Revolution card. The DS works perfectly as well as the games, but the R4 menus looked outdated. I removed all of the games, they were most likely kids and girls games. I also upgraded the menus a little bit, it now uses R4 Wood. I putted some new games on it and they worked good as well. But the card was a 2 GIG Micro SD card, and I can only play 13 games on it. I own the same card, but with 8 GIG space. So I installed the same R4 Wood on it, (downloaded freshly, copied and pasted into the SD card) and then copied all of my games on it. Then I popped it out of my PC and putted it into my DS. But strangely enough, it wouldn't start up and it just showed me a black screen with the text: "Loading..." on it. I am SURE that my R4 Revolution card isn't fake because it worked with the other SAME Micro SD card. Did I do something wrong? I also reformatted the card several times, and it still wouldn't work. The card works on Android phones and such, but not with the R4 revolution card. I am new to this and don't know much about it. If you know something that can solve the problem, please write it in a "noob-friendly" way.

I'd be so thankful! And I hope you can read this properly.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you have an original R4, it cannot use micro sdhc cards. Therefore you are limited to 2GB. There is no fix except buying a new flashcart that supports sdhc.

3. Hiro-kunX2

Hiro-kunX2 Member

Damn, spend two days trying to find this out :( Thanks alot, though

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Unless you can find a very/very rare Non sdhc , 4GB microSD .

the 13 games you have must be big in size, I managed to get 30 on my R4 revolution but ranging 8MB to 128MB each.

Anyway sadly WoodR4 firmware starting to lag in updates for new games with anti piracy.

5. Hiro-kunX2

Hiro-kunX2 Member

I have Mario games, a GTA game, another big game, and some J-RPG's. Sadly enough, in my country, they sell ALOT of fake cards, but not real ones. And my family does not trust sites other then big retail ones.

6. Jhon 591

It's most likely the J-RPGs are taking up most space, they can goto 256MB to 512MB in size.

"in my country, they sell ALOT of fake cards, but not real ones. And my family does not trust sites other then big retail ones."

I get your point, I was like not sure at first i bought mine of a market , lucky though it is real.

If you need newer firmware one day, then YSmenu for R4 is best , but needs updates of dat files now and then.

7. Hiro-kunX2

Hiro-kunX2 Member

The thing is, I bought my DS to play the famous titles and J-RPG's. Guess I'm going to search around eBay for people who sell their DS WITH an R4 card, perhaps they will let me buy their R4 card separately.

8. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

You could use a Rom Trimmer Software to reduce the size of the Rom.
    It will cut a only a small amount for some games but ive seen a reduction of 20-30 mb in some cases.
    Its not reccomended as it may cause glitches, errors hangs or crashes.
    I've never had such problems on my R4 Original though.

9. Jhon 591

Just buy more microSD chip's to change over, would be easer .

Unless go for a Supercard dstwo Are r4i Gold 3DS from r4ids , cards that can support 8GB + chips

10. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Yea and this works too ;D

11. Hiro-kunX2

Hiro-kunX2 Member

The big retail shops and sites I talked about, only sell the SDHC cards :( But I will try looking further. Thanks though

12. Jhon 591

I notest a lag here to in shops.

OK Np, All best with what you can do. No Outdoor Market where you are ?, Most likey to turn up there .

Xd ;)

13. Hiro-kunX2

Hiro-kunX2 Member

By the way, what is a SDXC card? Would that work too with the original R4?

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, SDXC is even higher capacity than SDHC.