1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Michael Jackson Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JasonWilley, Jun 25, 2010.

1. JasonWilley

JasonWilley Member

just thought i would post a thread for all the jacko fans out there

seeing as it is 1 year to the day, that the king of popular music passed away, i thought it would be good to have a tribute thread

he was a bit like marmite to some and lived a very wierd and sometimes disturbing life, through most of his own doing

he did things his way and i can honestly say, that this time last year was the year that music quite literally died

he started at the tender age of 5 and went on to be the record breaking powerhouse, his breath-taking dance moves, eye-popping videos will never be topped

and in this day and age of internet downloads and illegal file sharing, his record breaking album thriller, will never ever be beaten... ever

as physical album sales are nowhere near what they used to be 15 years ago, but at least we have you tube and places to re-live his magic

i never managed to get a ticket for the this is it concerts, but i am sure it would have been televised and it would have just been an immense experience

any way, enough of my waffling on, what does everyone else feel???

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

he was ok in the 80's then he went weird, after the bad album everything was rubbish.
    I dont believe he actually did things with kids either

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the day music died was Februrary 3rd, 1959, when Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens died in a plane crash. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Music_Died

4. Me-Me

Me-Me New Member

MJ Rocks, and people started listening to him just after he died. Why not before he died? Before his death, he was just Wacko-Jacko. Now people start taking him seriously. MJ OWNS THE WORLD OF POP!

5. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

I loves Michael Jackson forever and ever whatever he died! So, I likes some favorites songs likes Beat It, Billie Jean, That's Don't Care About Us, Black or White etc.. :)

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Meh. He's ok. Not the best.

I still think Lynard Skynard is better compared to Jackson.

7. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I never really cared about music. There was all this crap coming out by tons of horrible singers.

Many of them were about bad relationships or other things that only stupid 12 year old can "connect" with.

8. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Michael Jackson...

So much fuss, yet not that shocking.

Ronnie James Dio death is way more shocking in my opnion. Such as Les Paul, Ray Charles and so many other icons.

9. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

I'll have to agree with Loony_Lion on this one.

I'd never even realised before that Buddy Holly had died that young and so suddenly; thats just... wow.

When Micheal Jackson died, it really didn't have that much of an impact on the world music wise. I mean; it was a surprise that he was doing another tour in the first place. And it was only his true fans who actually really cared about his death. Everyone else; the millions of people who suddenly decided that he was a musical god just because he had died; was in it for the drama.

10. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

At least MJ is so much better than all the craps that are in the form of Miley, Jonas,Swift, Cris Brown, Rihana, and Bieber.

11. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

true.
    but i think that Nirvana was way better than Wacko Jacko