1. This forum is in read-only mode.

MGS for DS?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by tzerthamin, Mar 25, 2010.

1. tzerthamin

tzerthamin Member

don't you guys think metal gear solid should be on DS? i mean the controls are perfect, R and L tap for quick select and hold to select weapons and items. I've been waiting a while and it seems nothing is goning to happen...

-Should feature the orginal MSX games as being unlockable about beating bosses(ocelot, sniper wolf, vulcan raven and PSYCHO MANTISsss :D)(retro games: metal gear, metal gear 2, metal gear ghost babel, mayb snakes revenge? xD)

I understand this will be yet another remake but all I'm saying is if the iPhone/iTouch gets a MGS game (even if its not really a stealth game) why can't the DS?

Oh and the touch screen can be used for fastr weapon selection,and the radar/alert/evasion counter.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Re: MGS for DS!

Just put a movie on it, it's the same thing ;D

i kid, i kid

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

For some reason, they gave pocket nintendo owners botai/lunar knoghts than mgs, the boktai games had some stealth elements, and even had snake in one of them (as "???" because he lost his name).

I'd doubt they'd do mgs on ds, your concept for controls works well but...it's up to konami, start a petition and see how that goes.

4. tzerthamin

tzerthamin Member

I've been thinking about the sizes...i mean you'll need up to 1 GB :( the most a DS game ever had was 256 mb... and most of the voice acting will probably be taken out...Maybe the 3DS has better hopes? Not like I can afford it any time soon...:p

5. MikeHoncho16

MikeHoncho16 Well-Known Member

theres a port available on GBAtemp, its a homebrew game of some sort,

6. tzerthamin

tzerthamin Member

Really? :D i would like to try it can you link me up? :)

7. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

I cannot wait for the 3DS port of whatever MGS game. I think many other gamers feel the same way. Kojima-san at least owes it to Ninty, they put Snake in Brawl, so at least make Kojima Productions work on MGS DS. They'd make money of it too anyways. I know I make it sound too simple, and I think it's easier than it actually is, but I can't help but be blunt about really wanting an MGS for the DS. Theres still a good year left for the DS. Slim chances, but I guess it's still possible.

8. Tony-Uchima

Tony-Uchima New Member

it would be awesome if there was mgs for ds

9. tzerthamin

tzerthamin Member

I agree but then again maybe this could be the long awaited edition with all the old games, which will make hardcore MGS fans buy the DS >=D

10. MikeHoncho16

http://www.alternate-fmsxds.webs.com/screenshots.html

thats actually an emulator that runs the original metal gear solid, but u gotta find a ROM as im not aloud to link u to those

EDIT: NVM, i found one, PM me if u want a link to it.

11. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

for the love of god remove that misleading title or replace the ! with a ?

i mean your title suggests that it's some sort of a newsflash that MGS is coming to the DS, and then when we enter the page all we see is you asking a stupid question.

12. MikeHoncho16

This is the actual link for the emulator
    http://www.alternate-fmsxds.webs.com/download.html

13. The Pirate

The Pirate Active Member

Wont ever happen. Kojima owns the rights to MGS, not Konami. Snake was only in Brawl because Kojima enjoyed the original Smash Bros.

14. tzerthamin

tzerthamin Member

Well Kojima and Konami did remake MGS for Gamecube, they made a version of metal gear on the NES which wasn't really that good as kojima didnt have any participation...and there was metal gear ghost babel for GBC. they started with Nintendo so why not go back? :p