1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Methinks a bucaneer needs sage flash cart advice...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BL4CKB34RD, Feb 4, 2009.

1. BL4CKB34RD

BL4CKB34RD Well-Known Member

This seadog knows 'tis many such topics afloat on this board. But I'm a scratchin' me head wit me hook tryin' ta figure which flash cart ta cast me lot with. So help a laddy decide.

I'm a considerating the following carts:

CycloDS
    AceKard
    DSTT

So why should a rapscallion like me self go with the high end cart over the bargain carts? I'm findin' meself mighty tempted to go with teh bargain? So which carts shoul walk ye old plank and wich one should I add to me crew?

Mighty grateful and obliged for all ye comments!

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I think generally any of those are good (im sure AJ will correct me if not), but ive heard good things about the CycloDS, I think the main rule is stay away from R4 lol.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes any of those will do, preferably Cyclo or Acekard. If you want to cheapest (decent too), go for the DSTT.

4. BL4CKB34RD

Me heartfelt thanks, boyos. Me bones are leanin' twords acquiring the AceKard. But I regrets that this poor ole' brain o' mine need further enlightenment. Here be my predicament:

I'm a wee bit dazed and confused with what kind o' card the AceKard be requirin'. The AceCard specs say it supports the SDHC TF card. Be this card the same as a OEM SDHC Class 4 MicroSD/TF Flash Memory Card (8GB)?

Here be teh link for me AceKard:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811

Here be me link for teh cards I be considerin':

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.4G%20SDHC%20TF

Which o' the cards be compatible with the AceKard? Methinks I'll go for teh 4G or 8G card. Me poor brain is a hurtin' from all this card jargon. Promotions for any lad who can answer me question. For that matter, promotions for any lass who can answer me questions too. Would give me a reason to comb out me beard.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

SDHC is a standard, and TF (transflash) is the proper name for microSD cards, so yes that card is compatible (OEM just means its sold under the name of the company that made it, i.e it hasn't been bought in bulk by another company and rebranded). RomUlation recommends that you only buy Sandisk or Kingston microSD cards as these ones have the highest rom compatibility

6. BL4CKB34RD

Your words are like a week o' shore leave! This ole seadog is free to sail the sea nao. I hereby promote ye to Coxswain!

7. BL4CKB34RD

Well, me scalawags. I have a twinkle in me eye for this microSD card:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13305

T'wil it work with me AceKard?

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes. Should do.

9. BL4CKB34RD

Well, rukker me jinkered! Anandjones, I'd promote ye, but a buccaneer can nay promote an officer higher in rank then he. I salute ye! Maybe some day I'll receive a promotion from ye!

10. casper1910

casper1910 Well-Known Member

Yarrr this stool be high says I lol wats with the pirate talk?

11. BL4CKB34RD

What else kinda talk be there?!! Nao get yerself to the poop deck an' report ta me Coxswain!

12. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Sorry for unrelated post, but I'd like to recommend BL4CKB34RD at the coolest member of the forum.

13. BL4CKB34RD

Well drops me pantaloons and shave me chest mane! Ye shores know ho ta make a dog blushy like!

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Keep of the little chitchat folks :)

If it isn't about BL4CKB34RD's question about flashcarts, then don't go off topic.

15. BL4CKB34RD

Soory for the fraternization. Strictly business. I gets it.

Well, this lad foinally took teh plunge. Gots a me an 8G Micro SD card from SanDisk fer $17.99. Olso, acquired me an AceKard from Dealextrreme fer like $11. I gots teh MicroSD card, but I'm a waitin' fer me AceKard teh ship. Wish me some luck, aight me boyos?!