1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Metal!?!What about Blues!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MitsukaiXxX, Jan 1, 2010.

1. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

Ive just realised that mostly evryone here listens to heavy metal XD
    Even the romulaiotn radio is friken metal....lol...

Anybody listen to blues,folk blues,pre-war blues,post-war blues or just me.

B.B King
    T Bone Walker
    Robert Johnson
    Son House
    Lightin Hopkins
    Buddy Guy
    Elmore James
    John Lee Hooker
    Earl Hooker
    Muddy Waters
    Howlin Wolf
    Lonnie Johnson
    Blind Lemon Johnson
    Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
    Matt Guitar Murphey

And a few more....

Any Blues Fans?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sorry..not a blue's fan.

I guess why most of us like metal is because...well while this statement might not be true to all of us, but...we are geeks, geeks mostly listen to metal/game/anime music.

I also listen to hard core techno and have respect for all forms of music, but I always come back to metal, sorry dude, just out of boredom I;d give my 2 cents...and if your lucky maybe someone else will post after me XD

3. MitsukaiXxX

Arrhhh no worries lol

Im only 21,but i was brought up on elvis and chuck berry and all sorts of blues....

I will find someone lol :)

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I hope so, I seen 1 or 2 but forgot who they were....

I'm 22 btw, and I was brought up with Abba...funny how things change isn't it?

From Mama mia to Korn's freak on a leash XD

5. MitsukaiXxX

LOLOLOLOLOL!!LOL

6. grf

grf Member

Stevie Ray Vaughan. After a lifetime of listening to (and playing on guitar) punk and metal I bought a Stevie Ray album and my brain melted. This is what I had been missing. Stevie opened the door to a whole world of music I was aware of but not familiar with....blues. My blues odyssey then began in earnest: Hendrix....Buddy Guy....BB King.....etc.... :) My love affair with my guitar was reignited, my mojo was reasserted and my life was made.....better.
    Good call MitsukaiXxX.

7. MitsukaiXxX

grf.....thank you very much :)

I like SRV,i loved his texas flood album,if you listen to jimi hendrix's Blues Album,you see where SRV got his influence from.

I nearly got to see BB King ,but he sold out :(....

Glad to see that Blues had such a posative impact on your life....just like it did with mine....

:)

8. The Pirate

The Pirate Active Member

You didnt mention Stevie Ray Vaughn!? Hes the Blues GOD! Texas Flood is still my all time fave blues piece

9. MitsukaiXxX

Im not a huge fan.....As he was a late Blues Guitarist....and his career isn't 100% Blues,so he not really classed as a Blues Guitarist,Just like Clapton and hendrix.....

IMO B.B King,Tbone Walker and Robert Johnson are the Blues GODS.....I prefer older blues,then contempory texas shuffles LOL......

10. Bhepster

Bhepster Member

I think one of the best is 'Boom Boom' by John Lee Hooker. The guitar part is kinda cool. And 'Three O'Clock Blues' By BB King.

11. MitsukaiXxX

Yes! Boom Boom Is one of my favourite songs to :)
    Listen to Blues Boy Tune by B.B King :)