1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Metal Gear Style Cardboard Box Prison Escape

Discussion in 'General News' started by AcroneSF, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There's a device in the Metal Gear Solid stealth series in which Snake can sneak past guards by simply covering himself in a cardboard box. This isn't just a game convention. It apparently really works.

In France, at least. (And Germany. This latest escape is not to be confused with a similar cardboard box escape that happened in a German jail.)

Double murder suspect Jean-Pierre Treiber snuck out of high security prison of Auxerre, Burgundy in a cardboard box. The 45-year-old inmate packed himself in said box, reports Telegraph.co.uk, which was loaded onto a truck. Somewhere along the 100-mile journey, Treiber hoped off the truck and landed in freedom.

Police had sealed off the roads and are trying to find the con using dogs.

One of the two strangled victims Treiber is said to have murdered is the daughter of renowned French actor Roland Giraud. Treiber has proclaimed innocence, and his DNA does not match the DNA on tape used to gag the victims. When he was arrested, Treiber's reaction was: "He bumped her off." He did use the victims' credit cards to withdraw cash from an ATM.

"One can either say he's guilty and that this is proof of his guilt... or one can say he's desperate," said Treiber's attorney, "that he no longer has faith in the justice system because he's pleaded his innocence for so long and hasn't been heard."

Source

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I wonder if the guy that escaped is innocent or guilty?
    And who knew video game logic would work in real life!

3. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

I guess we will never know...

4. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I never tried that before in MG. Thanks for the heads up there.

hmm, what was written on the box? Maybe something like Fragile, Do not drop.? hehehe

5. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

I've heard of this news before, just can't remember where? =S

6. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Lol, that was epic escape... :p

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I knew it might work but never thought anyone would put it into practice...

I wonder-did he play it or was this just coinincidence?

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

old technique, POWs used it to escape from colditz in the second world war.

9. nikume101

nikume101 Well-Known Member

My friend tried it once, trying to get out of seminary... He forgot to poke holes though... May he rest in peace... :D J/K

10. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

old news >.<

i heard this news when i was still playing MGS4 which i belive its last year november-ish to december-ish.

11. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

still funny though
    it's better then burrowing through the floor with a spoon

12. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

I hope they never catch the guy!
    He's so friggin smart!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.