1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by XtremeBlade, Jul 12, 2009.

1. XtremeBlade

XtremeBlade Well-Known Member

"Metal Gear Solid: Rising is an upcoming stealth action video game in the Metal Gear series by Kojima Productions. The game was announced at the Microsoft E3 2009 press conference, and is in development for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Microsoft Windows. The series' former tagline, "Tactical Espionage Action", has been replaced by "Lightning Bolt Action", to fit the new protagonist, Raiden; the word Raiden (é›·é›»?) is Japanese for "Thunder and Lightning"."

Plot

"The main character of the game is Raiden, the protagonist and player character of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, who appears in the cyborg ninja state he was in during the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, although with different armor and eye color. The second teaser depicted Raiden in his Metal Gear Solid 4 armor with sword drawn, crouching on the back of what appears to be Crying Wolf."

Development

"The game was first hinted during Hideo Kojima's keynote presentation at the 2009 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. His presentation followed the long development process of the Metal Gear franchise up to Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and eventually leading up to the future with the final mission title being "The Next MGS" with Raiden standing next to the title."

"Prior to the announcement of the game, Kojima Productions featured a countdown timer on their website, which had weather that went from cloudy to extremely heavy rain with thunder and lightning, until the day that Rising was announced, which led to sunny weather. At the conclusion of the countdown the site was replaced with the image of a brick wall featuring a splash-screen graphic for Metal Gear Solid: Rising."

"A teaser trailer was released at the game's announcement by series' director Hideo Kojima, although he will be serving only as producer for the game. According to the "Kojima Productions Report" podcast the game will use a brand new game engine, rather than the MGS4 engine. It was also announced that Kojima will be more involved than a normal producer of a game but will not have 100% input as Kojima is involved with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker."

Sources: wikipedia

Who's buying it? ???
    I know I am!

2. AceKilla

AceKilla Well-Known Member

Ye i love that games

3. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

This game will suck as hell...Or not gonna be good as any other MGS game.

Lighting Action?
    No Kojima?
    Spin off?
    Raiden??!

4. XtremeBlade

Have some faith

5. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

I dont say It'll be the worst game ,but do not expect much. Max 6.5 ...

6. XtremeBlade

I'm pretty sure it's gonna get more than a 6.5

7. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

6.5 for a MGS game? I'd be very shocked.

The lowest score a MGS game ever got was MGS:pO+ and that was because it was an expansion that didn't actually expand anything..

YOU CRAZY FOO

8. Fripplebubby

Fripplebubby Member

Hmm... I don't think I will but this one. Microsoft basically bought them out, so they could steal another franchise from Sony, thus giving Sony the finger. Then, they turn around and announce the game will have a different character, engine, and tagline, thus giving Microsoft the finger right back. Unless this game is really, really good, I don't think it's worth it.