1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Metal Gear solid 1: Psycho Mantis on ePSXe

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by newbie1234, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie1234

newbie1234 Active Member

I need help defeating the boss Psycho Mantis; for those of you who don't know, this guy "reads your mind" and is virtually impossible to beat unless you put your controller into another port.

I cannot figure out how to accomplish this using ePSXe keyboard controls.

any help is appreciated, thanks in advance and plase keep any snide remarks to yourself ::)

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

reconfigure your gamepad to pad 2

3. vhiznu

vhiznu Well-Known Member

use pad 2 to beat him with your fist! :)

4. newbie1234

newbie1234 Active Member

thank you. It turns out that I deleted MGS out of frustration (and because I needed the disk space) before thinking to post this, so it'll be a while before I get a chance to try that out :p.

that being said, what is the best configuration of plugins/settings to play MGS so that the video/audio doesn't skip, I had that problem when I started playing it again.

Also, sometimes when I'm detected, the alarm noise keeps playing even after the danger has past. It's really annoying and to stop it I tried pressing esc, then run, but that just cuts off the audio completely!

5. vhiznu

vhiznu Well-Known Member

yep...sometimes games make us stress enough rather than release the stress...heheh
    i usually use pete's OpenGL2 Video with Eternal plugin audio....
    if the audio is mute after you resume...esc again and resume it again....cheers :)

6. RoninVamp

RoninVamp New Member

I was wondering this same thing myself before I got to Mantis. My question is, it wont let me change any config settings if Im in the middle of playing a game, I have to pretty much close the emulator down and reopen it before I can change and settings. Im guessing I use Save State when I have to change then restart it and change Pads, then open the game and Load State.

Anyone have a better idea cause this is kind of time consuming, plus I dont always trust Save/Load State on these emulators

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Just configure a second controller, even as the keyboard, and use it for this one point in the game.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

[me=mds64]facepalms[/me]

Always back up your games-or you could have burnt it off as a disk-epsxe does use those ;)

My 1TB hard drive shows how much I back up-heck most of the psx games are burnt and saved on the hard drive-just incase the disk break for some strange reason.

If you taken the time to download such content..might as well save it-disk or external drive-save it-never just delete it.

Just saying is all :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.