1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Metaforic's MetalFortress program, DS games uncrackable? I THINK NOT!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Luga, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

Okay, if you have looked at the internet about Anti-Piracy Software for the DS games then you would have come around two things;
    Number one is that Nintendo was allegedly going to incorporate some new anti-piracy software that would have a self-disruct code that would corrupt the entire ROM if triggered.

The second one is true; number two is this; Metaforic's Metafortress (Most-likely incorporated into DVDs and the like) is expanding to the DS.

Well, Metaforic failed to stop DVD Piracy, so...what does that tell you Nintendo!? HUH!??
    Nintendo is spending way to much funding on new anti-piracy that would be cracked within a week tops!

Let's look at a time chart here;
    T=T E=Expenses pG=Poor Games P=Piracy

T=-E == pG = +P

The formula above will project where Nintendo's finical strength will be in two years.
    As they spend money on MetalFortress, the money milkers, I.E. the Poor Games will pour out in a vein attempt to restore funding. Pirates/Hackers will, with each progressing game, figure out the common program handlers, and then create a custom firmware/software patch to counter it. And when MetalFortress updates, the hackers already know the methods that they could use and test it, %75+ would prove true, and hack games within a week.

Here is a line from the official website; "Metalfortres's Anti-Tampering coding will lock down the ROM and..."blah blah blah. SQUARE ENIX is already using anti-piracy like that is constantly hacked.

I predict that Nintendo may file for bankruptcy within two years, five years tops. That leaves Microsoft and $ony, and maybe from the ashes...SEGA!?

Well what are your thoughts on this?

Will this bust Piracy for good (I highly doubt it)
    or...
    Will this bust the financial stability of Nintendo's Deep pockets?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Seriously, Sega is not dead. They might have stopped making hardware, but they still make games.

3. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

yeah, they make games for different consoles.
    and about that anti-piracy thing...I doubt that they'll able to stop piracy cause if their knowledge is progressing so are the hackers'.

4. evildonkeys

evildonkeys Member

i agree with alexong96 i mean hackers wouldnt be called hackers if they couldnt crack code right?? and if they did succed on that anti-piracy thing then the hackers would have just to work on it and until its cracked open and goodbye to anti-piracy that cost a lot to create :p

5. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

Nintendo aren't going anywhere. They're the last pure videogames company and they've proven time and time again that they can survive when others fall. The Playstation should have killed off Nintendo as well as Sega, but it didn't. All it did was discourage Sega from making hardware. It barely even dented Nintendo, who came back a generation later with the Gamecube and a massive supply of kickarse first party games.

With the Wii and the DS, with the massive following Nintendo has from core and casual gamers alike, they're not going anywhere. They proved they can single-handedly dominate both Sony and Microsoft with "inferior" consoles just by advertising the consoles a little differently and still offer everyone interested something to enjoy.

Nintendo are pwning and no amount of pirates are ever going to stop them. 8)