1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Met a nice girl who likes retro games...worried...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by personuser, Mar 3, 2011.

1. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

OK, so I met a really nice girl who I have a ton in common with. She loves music, anime and retro games, and she even PLAYS video game and anime music on the piano like I do! One thing worries me, though.

I'm a pirate.

And I don't know if she is.

I'm kinda worried that she'll wanna play some old obscure game or watch some anime, and me, being the dumbass I am, might load up FCEUX or MAME, or open up my videos folder and show her that I've got it.

A lot of people get morality issues about piracy. She might tell her mom, the mom calls the cops, I get sued and then end up serving jail time or forking over my college fund to some media dickhead who it'll be pennies to.

So, what I'm asking here is, how can I keep myself from revealing this dark secret, or possibly just convince her it's not as evil as the anti-piracy ads on DVDs make it look?

And yes, I'm being serious. I want to make sure everything is planned ahead of time so I don't screw up a rare chance to hang with a nice girl with all of my interests and be friends.

Thanks guys.

2. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

well, being a pirate is terrible, i tend to avoid anyone who mentions they're into piracy.

oh wait, no i dont, WHO GIVES A FUCK

I can just imagine you sitting her down and telling her that you have something very serious to tell her about, as you both sit down and you holding her hands while she looks on with a serious concern on her face, you look down and breath in deep and then out comes the words, "I'm a pirate"

You look up to notice one of her eyebrows is up as she wonders if you're being serious and then she laughs at you cause you're fucking crazy to think anyone gives a shit about that.

p.s. rape her

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Honestly, just try to ask her about what she thinks about piracy casually. Most people pirate anymore, even just music. Some people don't consider piracy of music to fall under any copyright laws, but those people just be ignit.

lk wins again.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I don't tell people, but I have a lot of old games...the only thing that worries me is my Wii. It's COMPLETELY modded...kinda easy to tell, but not to the trained eye. Just kinda hide it and say that your cousin has the games that you play?

5. Conrannex

Conrannex Guest

Every time she mentions videogames just lift up her shirt and yell "IT'S TITMAAAAS", safely avoiding the subject of piracy.

6. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

that made me laugh
    Post Merge: [time]1299123441[/time]
    Thanks personuser, i do not mean to humiliate you, but thank you for reminding me why i still post here.

7. personuser

Hmm, not bad. My uncle dean makes me shitloads of pirated DVDs so I could probably use him as a scapegoat if the subject comes up.

@Con, I already tried that, then backed away and hid my face. She laughed at me because I was fucking crazy to think anyone gave a shit about that and then did it herself.

I think she's a keeper.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I love this thread. <3

Cause I'm a FUCKIN' PIRATE!!! (to the song, A Pirate's Life for me or whatever.)

9. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Oh come on, pretty much anyone into anime these days pirates it.

10. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

No person that likes anime doesn't watch subbed anime. She's a pirate for sure. If she isn't a pirate and enjoys english dub animes, it's best you leave her now. Hahaha

Seriously though, no one except the people you're stealing from care about piracy. In this day in age, anything you can do to save money is considered genious within normal society. All family members and friends I've told about myself playing free PS2, DS, PSP games etc. have been amazed and asked me to do the same for them.

You got nothing to worry about. Talk of piracy should never even arise. If she really is into everything you say she is, then she'll be amazed at the fact you play any game ever made.... For free.

11. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Or she could, you know, be fluent in Japanese and watch them raw.

12. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

If shes got big tits and likes facials-shes the girl for you.Forget about video games

13. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Seriously? Who even does that?

14. Stanley Richards

Does what? Be fluent in Japanese? Or watching them raw? If you're better at Japanese than english, why would you need to watch them with subs?

15. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I once downloaded the spanish subs of Re:Cutey Honey because I couldn't find the English version, which was fine with me because you don't watch Cutey Honey for the dialogue. Who cares WHAT "lame el coño" means when you're watching that shit.

But my entire post was digressing.

16. Stanley Richards

Does it have something to do with oral sex?

17. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Yes, I am powered by money.

What a terrible man, and a future presidential candidate.

18. personuser

OK, got another email. she likes ELFEN LIED and Ranma 1/2, lots of old NES/SNES games, she plays lilium (elfen lied OP)+ VG themes on the piano too and she's been in my SAME TOWN for who knows how long so it would take about 2 minutes tops to get from my place to hers.

She also doesn't give two shits about fashion and girly things and just really wants to have fun doing things she enjoys.

...she's gotta be a pirate. I can't see her being allowed to buy Elfen Lied (or even some of Ranma, to a point) at her age and I find it even harder to see her mom/dad buying it for her.

19. Stanley Richards

Who is this girl and where may I find her?

20. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Do you have a car-if so take her out Dogging.