1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Message in a Bottle - An Epic Voyage.

Discussion in 'General News' started by ace1o1, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Source - Yahoo!

I have always wanted to put a message in a bottle into the ocean...though I am landlocked. :p

That's just neat how the bottle can end up just about anywhere the currents will take it. And the chances of making landfall are slim anyways.

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I don't see what was achieved.

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

ooooh....very nice/interesting... would like to know more about this 8)

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing really.

It's just neat how a single tiny bottle can end up on a shore hundreds of miles away.

5. Stanley Richards

... Not impressed.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That's cool then.

I am though. :)

7. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

All of the rich African princes and princesses should try this route of getting into the U.S. instead of trying to negotiate wire transfers and sending spam emails.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Very much so! They would get so much further. :p

9. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

When i was teaching in a school near a beach, we always find these bottles washed up in the shores. We call it garbage. And if we ever find out who sent those like in the news, we would sue his ass because of his act.

Anybody who throws bottles into the sea should be reported and arrested. Shame on him.
    It might be an experiment in their country, but the moment it reaches our shores, its garbage to us. I hope the message inside the bottle was, " Sorry for this garbage, here is some money to help you clean it up" or "Pls recycle the bottle".

10. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

How aren't you impressed just imagine the journey that the bottle took over 21 years at sea and then the pure excitement of finding a letter from someone across the other side of the sea

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

This isn't new news though, a lot of people have done this in the past. Some, like the person on the article did it for fun, or an experiment. Whilst others have done it to fool a would be discoverer on an elaborate hoax, or even to find true love.

Had we still been in the 1400's or even the 1500's this would help explain things like ocean currents. Also, the guy did it with the intention of finding out where the bottle might end up, if you didn't see into that then you've got more schooling to do :p

Good for you :)

I'm guessing S.I.R.'s still in kindergarten & his sense of Romanticism & imagination isn't fully awakened yet.

12. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I bet sending farts in a bottle would be cooler.

13. Stanley Richards

This is the 21st Century. If this were 1400s, yes, this would be amazing.

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That would be freaking hilarious! XD

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Your argument is so full of FAIL!

So what if it's the 21st century :p

Let's say you were marooned in an island without your techno crap, how else can you signal for help without using old ways like sending off a message in a bottle or lighting a camp fire to make smoke signals?

16. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

I find it cool that it actually got across the ocean.

17. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

It does exactly the same whatever year its in, just because its 2010 it doesn't check in at an airport lol it still crosses an ocean.

I think its quite cool really.

18. Stanley Richards

All this has been done before. What's so amazing about this?

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Cause it just is. No other reason really.

20. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

IF you are wash up in an unknown island, 21st is the same as 1400 or even BC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.