1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Memory 8 GB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fatinfouad, Mar 14, 2010.

1. fatinfouad

fatinfouad New Member

I got for my daughter DS 4 a 8 GB memory i did all the required program I copy them from the 2 GB card to the 8 but it's not working it's loading all the time am i doing something wrong pls help me thanks a million

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if it is an original R4 then it does not support cards larger than 2GB.

3. fatinfouad

fatinfouad New Member

Yes it's R4 original , so how can I make it work pls thanks again, is there is a fake R4 that support 8GB

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The original R4 can only use SD, which only goes up to 2GB. 4GB and higher are SDHC cards, which are unsupported by the R4. Nothing you can do to it will make them work.

There are other cards which support up to 32GB cards. If you do look into buying a new card, look into the Acekard2/2i. It supports up to 32GB and has much better compatibility than the R4 and it's clones.

5. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Acekard also has a few issues with some SDHC card brands. Recommended cards would be the ones from SanDisk.

6. rileyracing00

rileyracing00 New Member

I have the N5 Revolution for the DS with a 4GB sd card. I just bought the N5i Revolution with the 8GB sd for their DSi's. Can't seem to get them to work? Do I use the same game d/l's from the regular N5 cards?

-Can I or should I be able to swap the 8gb and 4gb (already has games on it) out and have the 4gb sd play in the DSi?

7. SurgicalPhoenix

SurgicalPhoenix New Member

I currently use an 8GB mem card (san disk if that helps) on an M3 DS REAL, i have no issues with it, all the games works, it runs pretty fast with the latest firmware. Nothing wrong with M3s if you want to get one. :)

8. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

New smaller SD card or a 8 GB supported Flashcart is the best option pal