1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mem Card saves not appearing

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lapisazuli, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Lapisazuli

Lapisazuli New Member

Using ePSXe I haven't had a hard time switching discs with my ISOs, however, trying to switch from disc 1 to disc 2 of FF7 is not working for me on version 1.7.0. I have a save at the very end of the disc, right before the "Please Insert Disc Two" page, however, when I load up disc two and get to the continue page, none of my files are appearing. I checked to see if it was a save state issue, but when I load disc 1, without loading any sstates the files appear. And when I run the BIOS the files appear on the memcard, anyone have any idea what's happening?

Thank you =)

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Changing Disc option on ePSXe is a bit buggy on 1.7.0, try using any of the previous version, or load the ISO on Virtual Drives, and use the CDROM option.

3. Lapisazuli

Lapisazuli New Member

The issue isn't so much that I can't switch the discs, I've never been able to get the change disc option to work with ePSXe, even on the older versions. I usually just save at the end of disc A and then reload the save in disc B, however, for some reason when I run my disc 2 it is not reading any saves on my cards. All my other games read it just fine however.

4. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

You get all the parts from the same dl?

5. Lapisazuli

Lapisazuli New Member

Yeah, I got all parts in one download. I tried running on version 1.6.0 and had the same issue, I'm currently downloading a new ISO to see if its an issue with that.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

use ePSXe 1.5.2 for squaresoft games.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Strange that the FF7disc 2 wouldn't even show the save files on the memory card from disc 1. Even if it wasn't saved for Disc 2, you should still be able to select it and it would ask you to load disc 1 (I have tested this with FF9 on ePSXe and PSP eboots).

Sounds like the version of your Disc 1 and Disc 2 may be different, and have different Game/Save IDs (PAL vs NTSC, etc). I'm assuming that your Disc 1 image will load the save files just fine?

8. Lapisazuli

Lapisazuli New Member

That sounds like a possibility, I know my disc 2 is an NTSC, not sure about disc 1 however. And downloading a new ISO gave me the same problem. But yes, the first disc image loads the saves fine.

I am not sure because I haven't used an actual PS with a memory card in long time, but I also figured even if the saves were someone not compatible with the second disc, that when I go to load something some of the slots should say "Slot full" or "Other game save" or something along those lines, but when I go to load with disc 2 all 15 say "Empty". But again, I haven't run a game on an actual Playstation in years. Idk if its even the same thing with the emu, but it seems like the disc 2 is just not catching the memcard, or at least the correct one, altogether.