1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Megaupload

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by A13x, Feb 14, 2009.

1. A13x

A13x New Member

I was looking around on the forums and it seems the author prefers RS over MU due to the location of their servers, i however am in the EU like the author and prefer MU due to their un capped download how much you like where as RS limit to 2.5GB a day + more if you pay more.

I think it would be good if users or atleast an author with a MU account could also populate the MU links so we have the choice between RS, MU and the sites servers.

2. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

If 2.5 GB isnt enough for you and you dont want to wait 15 minutes between the downloads simply reconnect your router and you got another IP.

3. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

that doesn't work its 2.5 a day for account holders so having a different ip makes no difference cause you still have to log in

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we use my megaupload account on the site, the problem is my internet connection does not allow large scale uploading (neither in speed nor in bandwidth allowance) so I am having to find an alternative means to upload them.

5. A13x

A13x New Member

could you not split the upload size so you get two MU links instead of one? failing that deligation of tasks to another admin to upload would work?

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

splitting the upload size would increase the length of time it would take and would make no difference to the amount of data transferred. Delegating the task would involve giving someone my megaupload premium account details, which I'm not willing to do.

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We're currently not really concerned about our mirror links, RomUlation is about a great service using our own servers, the MU and RS links are secondary and not really important to us. They were only added for the guest who can't download, but that's not really relevant any longer.