1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Megaman X5

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by timhaseo1, May 26, 2009.

1. timhaseo1

timhaseo1 Member

ok I dont know where to go to ask about this problem and how to fix it.
    But in Megaman X5 for the PSX in the beginning at the Main Menu , when I pick New Game or Training it freezes when going to a black screen then allow me to play the game.
    BUT the same problem happens again when I try to play the Grizzly Slash Level it goes into a black srceen then show the boss and then back to a black srceen and stay that way. Leaving m unable to play the game(so i deleted the game and would like help on getting a FULLY WORKING version of the game) Admin's PLease help me out on this and anyone who has it working fully with this problem fix please help me out.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there's probably nothing wrong with the game, how were you trying to play it? (emulator/chipped PSX)?

3. timhaseo1

timhaseo1 Member

Well I did just got the PXS emulator to work ( NOt the EPSXE i cant get that emulator to work at all no matter what i do) anyways so i download Megaman X5 and play it normal and this problem come to happen when i play it I tryed to play another level (the one where your first riding the dash bike) and it works fine (still getting the black srceen pause problem but it still lets me play) but i cant play the Grizzly Slash level at all.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

ePSXe is by far the best emulator. what happens when you try to use it?

5. timhaseo1

timhaseo1 Member

well its not as o what happen its just i cant seem to get the plug-in's to work( or get the right/working plug-ins any other problem is yet to be seen. ( in case your wondering wher i get the emulator) both the PSX and ePSXe emulator I found ( google Fantasy Anime Emulator it should be the first link) I tryed the ePSXe first with the Plug-in and bios it comes with( the person give you wih in the Playstation downloads) and the plug-ins I cant seen to work it out so it can work so I went with the PSX so after a hour or so I finally got it to work and stick with it for the time being.
    Post Merge: [time]1243367697[/time]
    ok i found one problem with the ePSXe and that is the I need a Video Plug-in
    (and if possable please post or send a link of a site with free plug-in's that are the best)

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=600.0 ?

7. SirItGoBoomAlot

SirItGoBoomAlot New Member

Yeah I'm having the same problem with pSX v1.13 but I believe the problem is that the game music has to finish it's loop before it loads the next screen. Using a different plugin/emulator will probably fix it for me too, just thought I'd add that.