1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Megaman Creator Leaves Capcom!

Discussion in 'General News' started by personuser, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Wow...so this means no more megaman games? T_T

3. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

I think his philosophies have collided with the teams main message of establishing the Teen/Mature rating of what CAPCOM stands for. He obviously wants to remain with them, but he seems more into that futuristic type stuff with robots and whatever.

I am a big fan of the series, ever since and I will miss his games. I think I understand why he is going to leave and try to go solo.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

*Sigh* just like with how Hironobu Sakaguchi left Square-enix because the company has lost its luster now this guy leaves Capcom because the company is just fucking with his brain child :p Yeah, there I said it :p

I dislike how Capcom is milking off Megaman with their corny & stupid remakes *cough*Megaman Powered Up*cough* & making the series darker with each new game :p

5. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hear ya. The new megaman universe is (supposedly) a MM2 remake taking the sonic route of "MOAR PEEPLZ!" So far, Megaman, Rockman (animegaman) Shite U.S. box art megaman and RYU are playable. (and who knows who else, probly roll, dante, every robot master in the previous games and every other capcom franchise ever.

They better not make us quarter-circle hadouken every time we need to shoot with ryu.

As for MM getting darker, yah, it is, and it got ridiculous with the later X/Zero/ZX series. The bosses have two-line emo backstories. When you try to give the robot masters personalities and backstories, capcom, don't have them just say it in a few lines right before the bossfights, actually give them some goddamn screentime and relation to the overall plot! That, or just shut them up and let us kick robotic ass without delay.

Anyway, that's my rant.

6. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Damn. I was hoping that eventually Megaman 100 would come out.

Oh well. All things must come to an end sometime.

7. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

I would like to become the next head honcho making the next megaman, I would do a complete overhaul of the original version and add some epicness into it

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

It's still a probability, remember the Mega Man franchise is owned by Capcom so they could just easily churn out more albeit very crappy games. It's just like with when Hironobu Sakaguchi left Square-Enix, the Final Fantasy franchise was left with Square-Enix but lacks Sakaguchi's genius.

9. Eadelas

Eadelas Well-Known Member

This sounds familiar. Remember Bill Roper from Blizzard North? Creator of the Warcraft games. This is just like what happened to him.

10. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Scandal!?

\\

They can easily bring in new talent to replace him though.
    Perhaps, with him gone they might even be motivated to make the next games better to show the world that they're not an empty shell without Inafune.

11. georockman

georockman Well-Known Member

WUUUT?!?!?!?
    your saying mmsf is dark? and bad then? lol...
    i thought that was a great series...
    and now one of my all time fave games are going to go... RIP!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.