1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Medusa Method

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by PokemonGrl, Mar 28, 2010.

1. PokemonGrl

PokemonGrl Member

I really want to get shiny pokemon, fast! So I have to use the Medusa Method for a lot quicker hatching. Does anyone know how I can get a japanese ditto with decent IVs? I don't have AR, so no hacking that involves action replay.

Thanks upfront =D

2. Ursaahn

Ursaahn Member

Download the program 'Pokesav' and use it to open your pokemon savegame. Once there, you can create any pokemon you like, and make them shiny with one click of your mouse ;)

3. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

LOL no cheating man.

Now then, without Pokesav, how do you check the IV's of the Pokemon? Because in my SS I actually got a japanese Ditto from the Global Trade thingy. It's timid, but it shouldn't matter since that method only raises the chances of getting a shiny right?

4. three_strangers

three_strangers Well-Known Member

I don't believe there is a NON-HACKING method of checking IVs on pokemon, however, you can train them up to lvl. 50 :'( to calculate it. I was too lazy to read this, but see if it helps any. http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

There's IV calculators, assuming you haven't invested any EVs into the pokemon beforehand. They're estimates only, but the higher the level the Pokemon is, the better the accuracy.

6. s_quizno

Exactly. the Serebii IV calculator recommends at least lv 50. I believe the Ditto was lv. 17, meaning that it potentially fought Pokemon (unless used for Daycare). Either way, unless I use Pokesav, I'd never know. Actually, I don't feel like investing in those back up thingies since this SS is a real cart - receiving is way better than giving.

7. insanecrazy07

I have a tutorial on here (not in the tutorial section) on how to backup/restore your SAV files to and from a legit cart.
    Once you have it set up, it takes about 30 seconds.

8. s_quizno

Hmm . . . does it involve external equipment that I have to buy? It would be great if it didn't. I'm a bit poor right now, but summer breaks coming, so hopefully that'll change, but until then, I'm gonna have to skip on gaming equipment. I'd like to read it though, so do you have a link I can follow? You know, for the benefit of everyone here, not because I'm too lazy to search for it or anything . . .

9. insanecrazy07

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=37662.0

Other than access to your router, and a flashcart that runs homebrew, no.
    You might have to sign up to "dcemu whatever whatever" to download the first link. I must've already had an account, been signed in for months and not have realized it lol.

And like I said in the tutorial READ BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING. If you don't follow exactly as instructed, you might overwrite your legit cartridge with a blank save, instead of extracting it to your computer.

10. s_quizno

Alright! Pokesav stuff on a REAL cart - thanks insanecrazy07!

So, PokeGrl, I suppose you can consider my Ditto "hacked" now that it went through Pokesav, but really it isn't since all I did was look at it's stats:
    HP = 17; 1
    ATK = 0; 0
    DEF = 12; 9
    SP. ATK = 8; 35
    SP. DEF = 0; 0
    SPD = 11; 47

Stat; IV; EP

If that's OK with you, let me know.

11. Frivera360

Frivera360 Guest

why is it called the medusa method