1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Max Payne

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ClydeOne, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

Did any of you see the Max Payne movie?I heard it received negative reviews,
    but I haven't seen it yet, so I can't agree with the film critics. :-\

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Payne_(film)
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/max_payne/

2. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

I heard it is actually hailed by gamers because it stays pretty true to the game itself. I think it will be good, the trailer looks pretty damn awesome. But then again, the Resident Evil 2 and 3 trailer looked good, and so did Silent Hill, and so did Doom...and Mario, and Street Fighter, and Dead or Alive, and Bloodrayne...

If they screw up Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry and Bioshock I will be going on a murdering spree.

3. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

Why is it that movies based on comics or games get the worst rating from critics?
    It doesn't make any sense.While there are some very boring and crappy movies
    that come out and they give it a better rating than comics/game based movies.

I checked out a website-man, I hate those people,but It's their job.

4. animemagic

animemagic New Member

some say that the movie is a thumbs down rank, bad for them

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I posted a topic ages ago about this. Only seen the preview.

6. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

yeah that would totally suck if devil may cry would become a second rate movie... >.<

7. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

It was probably too scary for the critics. Max Payne is very dark.

8. snak3.3y3s

snak3.3y3s Member

I went to see it on Monday night and I thought it was pretty good. I am a pretty harsh critic of game to film adaptations and I felt that they did a good job of staying true to the game while creating a film that is very capable of standing on its own. The only real gripe I had with the film was I felt they should have dropped the unrealistic weapon ballistics from the game. There is a scene involving someone getting hit with buck shot from a shot gun that annoyed me but it wasn't enough to ruin the film.