1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Max Payne Filming Soon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anandjones, Feb 4, 2008.

1. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

They are making a movie based on the game. I loved this game back then and I'm hoping this movie will be awesome as well. I hated the bit in the second one or the first one where you have to run along a red line for ages on end and if
    you moved off, you would die. Anyways for more info read on. Oh and Mark Wahlberg will be playing Max.

Max Payne, the long-awaited movie version of the best-selling third-person shooter, is gearing up to start filming soon! Academy Award-nominated actor Mark Wahlberg is set to star as the title character who wages a one-man war on crime when his wife and child are killed by thugs.

Shooting on Max Payne will officially get underway in just over a month, on March 2 in Toronto, according to details newly made available on the ProductionCharts.com website. The shoot is currently scheduled to wrap on May 9.

John Moore, whose most recent projects include the war actioner Behind Enemy Lines, the horror remake The Omen, and the airborne adventure Flight of the Phoenix, is directing from a script by Beau Thorne.

2. jinja

jinja Well-Known Member

oh man those are two of my favourite games...i dont know...i kinda like how they handled the dream sequences in the second game with the thin red line...was interesting...all in all though it felt as if the second game was shorter than the first....it took me longer to finish the first game then it did the second. easily one of my all time favourites... definately up there with alien versus predator2. god dammit why couldnt the crappt alien vs predator movie at least have as much depth as that game. i swear if they just transformed the second game into a movie they would have had something better than the pile of rubbish that was alien vs predator...

3. anandjones

Yeah the second one was shorter. And I got so annoyed with the red line.

4. sir spamalot

sir spamalot Well-Known Member

didn't the film industry learn from super mario bros, tomb raider and hitman?

5. jinja

jinja Well-Known Member

apparently not...and my my proof?...behold the travesty that will be hitman

6. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Hey hitman wasn't all that bad.

7. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

That Max Payne trailer is very old.....It might not hit the big screen.......sure hope it does though.

8. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

The PS2 version was alright for me.. Although I kept dying

9. CloudBoy101

The PS2 version sucks, PC is wayyyyyyyyy better.

10. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

is there a ps2 version?

11. anandjones

The red line? And PC is better.

12. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

lol yeah, the graphics werent that great

13. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i never liked max payne very much, always had a boring impression of it.

14. anandjones

This game was cool for me back then.

15. CloudBoy101

Dude, it's like the Matrix meets the Mafia, it rocks.

16. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Actually, the bullet time feature originated from Max Payne (I believe), and then was purchased or something by the creators of The Matrix.

17. anandjones

Matrix meets the mafia Lol yeah and the bullet time was in max payne

18. CloudBoy101

Your right. But still, its like both those :D

19. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

movies that came from games usually suck, and vice versa. there a few exceptions, however.

20. anandjones

Yeah most of the time they do suck.