1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Marvel or DC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pow28, Oct 29, 2009.

1. pow28

pow28 Active Member

marvel is like xmen and spider man and stuff....Dc is superman iron man the avengers etc...just wondering which do you prefer?

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

since i'm not a comic geek, i value both equaly, i like Catwoman as much as i like Black Cat.

3. head635

head635 Well-Known Member

"iron man" and the "avengers" are from marvel

DC : superman , batman ,flash ,JLA

:p (get them right before posting)

and I like DC more

4. pow28

pow28 Active Member

lol yh figured that after i posted.. i was thnking of the justice legue

5. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

Well...it`s Disney right now, isn`t it? ;) Superman is the greatest, followed by Batman and Spiderman. So...DC i would say. But both got unique characters.

6. Ryoslide

Ryoslide Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence cause the comics and the Marvel movies have been great as of late, but I am sooo addicted to smallville.

Also most of the comics I collected when I was younger for mostly the art, I would say in the early 90's marvel had superior color and artists for the comics they produced.

7. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I choose DC I am a huge Batman (comics) fan, and I like Superman as well. I have my favorites in Marvel as well, aside from that my other company I like is Dark Horse.

Disney and Marvel merged, but as far as I know Marvel still holds the rights to the comics and the merge was in a nutshell an attempt for a boost in both companies for games and movies and other bullshit. I guess after years of suing the hell out of each other they decided "if you can't beat them join them". Who knows what it will all turn into years form now, might be bad and then again it might be good especially when Marvels contract with Paramount expires and Disney gets their hands on them I for one would love to see what Pixar could do with one myself.

8. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

I just hope that doesn`t affect the forthcoming Movies if Disney is involved. I was always the kind of Girl that prefered the Superman Movies from the 70`s, Batman in the 80`s in my childhood (instead of anything else a "normal" Girl would prefer at an Age of 10/11 ;)) and I was really amazed about the last 2 Batman Movies, that became some kind of gloomy, dark and very emotional Movies.
    This Union between Marvel/Disney could be interesting if they start to produce a Videogame (like the "Kingdom Hearts"-Coop between Square and Disney)

9. footyfan09

footyfan09 Well-Known Member

Marvel , always loved the comics

10. Ryoslide

Ryoslide Well-Known Member

Ah they just did it cause no-one wants to see mickey mouse walking around anymore, they wanna see Wolverine kick'n mickey ass....<snikkt><snikkt>

I'd rather have a picture of me hugging Rogue and Storm then Minney and Daisy