1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by itsmyswagg, Sep 11, 2009.

1. itsmyswagg

itsmyswagg Member

If you wish to read the other posts in the old thread:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=23141.0

(Warning, mostly worthless whining and spam about it not working, majority of actual fixes are posted here)

READ CAREFULLY!

[CycloDS]
    Download the latest firmware (1.56 beta 3) [Released 9/18], and you should be able to play without problems. This latest one also fixes the issues people were having with GTA, Scribblenauts, Pokemon Platinum, etc.

Already beat the game with this latest firmware, so everything is working great.

How to Patch :

DOWNLOAD PATCH MIRROR OR HERE

1. Rename original ROM into xpa-mal3.nds Put it together in same folder with xpa-ml3.bat, xdelta.exe, xpa-ml3.crack.
    2. Run xpa-ml3.bat
    3. Wait until :
    Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story crack by Xenophobia
    Patching...
    Done
    Press any key to continue . . .

4. And will Create a New ROM xpa-mal3-cracked.nds Size: 89.2 MB (93,613,056 bytes)

OR TRY THIS :

Download This, Run xDelta GUI.exe.
    Select Patch : xpa-ml3.crack
    Select ROM : Mario Original ROM
    Apply Patch and Wait Until Finished. Size of PATCHED ROM will be 89.2 MB (93,613,056 bytes)

OR Download PATCHED ROM

Tested PATCH:

I. Acekard 2i => Worked on my NDS Lite with No Problem using Sandisk SDHC 8GB
    1. Using OS AKAIO.1.4.1.PROPER_Repack_5-4-09 or Mirror Here
    2. ak2loader (Replace in \__aio\loaders)
    3. Play with PATCHED ROM xpa-mal3-cracked.nds

II. SuperCard DSONE(SDHC) => Worked on my NDS Lite with Some Problems using Sandisk 2GB
    1. Using OS SuperCard DS ONE(SDHC) OS 3.0 SP8
    2. In the file Browser go to Tab Menu OTHER => AUTO Set SD Speed
    After that NDS will restarting and will show :
    SD CARD speed may set to '5'!
    Do you Save the value(s)?
    Press 'A' key, it will save.
    Press 'B' key, it will return.

3. Press 'A', after that NDS will restarting.
    4. On Mario Icon Games, Press 'X' go to SETPATCH, CHECK ONLY Enable Patch and Enable DMA, Click SAVE.
    5. Play with PATCHED ROM xpa-mal3-cracked.nds

When you played for the 1st time it only showed White Screen, you must restart your DS and start again.
    When you want to save your game there is problems with option "Save and Quit" and "Back to game" don't chose that option or your DS will be FROZEN.

III. EDGE => Worked on my NDS Lite with Some Problems using Sandisk SDHC 8GB
    1. Using OS EDGE OS v1.5
    2. Using Action Replay Codes with r4cce (R4 Cheat Code Editor) ver.0.86
    3. Execute r4cce, open CHEAT.DAT from EDGE Card
    4. Add Game
    5. Game Title -Anything u want-
    6. Game ID CLJE AE1362E1
    7. Game Enable Check
    8. Add Code => Code Title -Anything u want-
    9. Code List :
    52064138 E1A00005
    5206413C E28DDE22
    02064138 E3A00001
    D0000000 00000000
    D0000000 00000000

10. File => SAVE CHEAT
    12. Delete Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story (U)(Xenophobia).sav if exist
    13. Play with Original ROM and Enable Cheat
    or you can use this file Download CHEAT 090109 with Mario and Luigi : Bowsers Inside Story PATCH for EDGE

For EDGE user, Sometimes after you Saved Game your DS will be FROZEN and you must RESTARTING and LOADING again to play.

IV. M3i Zero & M3DS Real => Worked (Not tested by me)
    1. Using System V4.4a E52 (Europe/USA) for M3 DS Real/G6/M3i Zero (15-09-2009)[​IMG]
    2. Play with Original ROM

Changelog:
    1. Fixed soft-reset function for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (U)
    2. Fixed random freeze problem for Pokémon: Heart Gold (J) and Pokémon: Soul Silver (J)
    3. Fixed compatibility for Blood of Bahamut (J) and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (U)

V. DSTT (and R4, using Ysmenu and the DSTT firmware below)

VI. R4 SDHC and R4 Ultra

CRACK Credit to xenophobia

2. xlaw888

xlaw888 Active Member

Try with my EDGE tutorial, may be works because cheat database is same

3. xlaw888

xlaw888 Active Member

Put in same place with xpa-ml3.bat, xdelta.exe, xpa-ml3.crack

4. donaldgx

donaldgx Member

i am using no$gba 2.6a plus the no$zoomer addon. i tried playing this game and the FPS after the main menu are pretty low, is there a way to increase it?

5. xlaw888

xlaw888 Active Member

Here you go

6. Getting really frustrated with my inability to figure this out...

A bunch of people have posted now about getting this to work on edge v1.5, which I have.

It involves using action replay codes, but I can't figure out how to make them work.

All the tutorials I've read simply state that you drag and drop cheat.dat to the root of your memory card. Well, that doesn't work for me. Then I read somewhere that the name of the folder the cheat.dat was in mattered. So I created a _system_ folder and dragged the cheat.dat into that. Still nothing. So far, all the tutorials have been pretty vague as to what to actually need to "do".

Any help would be appreciated, its probably something very simple that I'm just overlooking.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Fevered-Dreams,

Take a look through the Edge user manual:
    http://www.edge-ds.cn/downloads/edge-manual-1.0-ENG.pdf

You have to enable cheats in the system menu first, then you will be prompted when you start the game.

8. With cheat.dat in its own folder or on the root, and cheat enabled in the main menu setting on my card it still doesn't prompt me for any game I try to load. Unfortunately, that was one of the first things I thought of.

Does the way I have the files setup in my card matter? Also, exactly what files do I need to have on the card. Just the .dat file or do I need the contents of r4cce.086 somewhere in there too?

9. TirithRR

According to the help file on cheats.gbatemp.net
    Put the EDGEcheats.dat into the Edge Folder.

10. Incidentally, I went to edge's download page and it has a link for r4cce that is compatible with edge. However, the link leads to a 'file not found' page. If anyone has an alternate link to this that might work, unless its the same one I downloaded here.
    Post Merge: [time]1253148911[/time]
    aww, jeez. I new it would be something simple. Let me try that.

11. TirithRR

You can download R4CCE here:
    http://home.usay.jp/pc/soft_en.html

Or you can follow the link in the Edge portion of the tutorial on the first post :)

12. Man, I am slow sometimes.

Thats what you get for day drinking, though, I suppose.

Works just fine now, thanks for the help.

13. DoctaJ

DoctaJ New Member

So if we have a R4 we will have to wait for a fix to come out?

14. TirithRR

Yes, currently there is no proven method of playing this game on the R4. Waiting is all you can do. Short of buying the game, (or a new flashcard).

15. xcm65

xcm65 New Member

I have the acekard 2, not 2i, and it doesn't work. but what do i do with the ak2 loader and replace in aio folder? I'm also using a ds phat if it makes any difference.

16. broman

broman Active Member

I too have an acekard too and use moonshell and _ak2 folder??. I don't want my other games to become unplayable, but Mario works fine until I save. I've tried a couple of different ways and it freezes up. When I go back into the game, it shows the saved file, but freezes if I try to load. Please detail what I need to do. Thank you

17. Sythian

Sythian Well-Known Member

Just testing out that SuperCard DS-One fix now to see if it helps me with my saving issue I've got currently with the other fix I was using. Problem was I'd play, it would save, and I could re-load fine. But all of the sudden after a day or so I'd go to re-load it and my save file will have reverted back to a much earlier point in the game, despite having loaded from a later point earlier on.

Will update you all on whether this still happens or not.

18. erizeboo

erizeboo New Member

i feel really stupid but i have an ezflash v plus card and i was wondering how to get the game to work, i get to the choose a save mile and it doesnt do any thing. it plays music ???. I didnt see one of the patches that fit my chip so any help would be wonderful!!! sorry if this has already been asked.

19. Sythian

Sythian Well-Known Member

It's been posted (or similar) countless times. Basically if you do not see a fix for your card yet, sit tight and wait until one is released. At the moment that is all you can do. The error you're facing is the first piracy check out of about 30 something that the game has, so you're not the first and certainly not the last who will face it. Just sit tight mate.

20. ttl8me

ttl8me New Member

Am using R4i (for Nintendo DSi)... I'm dying to play this game (Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story USA).. I guess we all R4 users have to be patient and wait for some kind soul who have the technical knowledge in patching the said game and come up with a cracked version of this game.. In view of this, I'm appealing to whoever can patch this game in R4 to upload the rom with the note that it's a patch R4 version in the rom section of Romulation so we can distinguish it immediately... My gratitude for whoever can come up with it... Thanks a lot in advance! ;D