1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mario & Luigi BIS Graphics Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mr_xombie, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_xombie

mr_xombie Member

I have encountered an interesting issue. I am using an Acekard 2i on a DSL, AKAIO 1.5, with a Kingston 2GB microSD card. The game plays perfectly, with a minor exception. What happens is, every once in a while, i notice a glitchy line spanning from left to right about 1/8th or 1/4 of the way down from the top of the screen on the top screen. Its nothing to detract from playing, its just kinda annoying, because it has never happened before. I have recently reformatted my card, removed some roms to make space, all before putting the game on the card. It was actually Saturday, when i got my Acekard in the mail. lol. Yeah. Anyone have any ideas? experiencing this too? Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It's an apparent glitch (with other cases) that some have encountered using AKAIO 1.5. Possibly an issue with the VBlank or corrupted tile/s.

3. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

it happens on mine too, but it doesn't distract from playing (same card and firmware)

4. Tomaszek131

Tomaszek131 Active Member

Experiencing the same problem on R4.
    I don't really care though, sometimes it's barely noticeable since you're focusing on the bottom screen at some points, so you don't really notice.
    It happens at cut scenes too.

5. mr_xombie

mr_xombie Member

ok, glad to know. also a relief that i'm not the only one. its not an issue with playing, i just hate knowing that something is wrong, even if its not a deal breaker. just a quirk of mine. would redownloading 1.5 and replacing the files on my card help? or is it something in the development side? just curious if there is anything I can do, or if its something that whoever makes AKAIO needs to do. anyways, thanks for the help.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Couldn't hurt to try.

7. mr_xombie

mr_xombie Member

welp, i got my new 4GB micro sd card today, so i decided to try a fresh copy of AKAIO 1.5 straight from the Acekard website *on a different note, coming from an M3DS Lite, its awesome to actually have current stuff available.* i'm still looking out for those glitches. to switch the topic just a tad, because it is my topic and all, according to the m3 wiki *and god know how out of date that could be* they recommend certain formatting options for the SD cards. http://www.m3wiki.com/index.php/Media_Card/Micro_SD now, is there any sort of recommendation for use with the Acekard? thanks!

update: glitches still there. it seems to me that it's something with AKAIO. hopefully it gets resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.