1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mario And Sonic At The Winter Olympics Freezing Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by englishteacher, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. englishteacher

englishteacher Well-Known Member

I was playing Adventure Mode. When I reached Icepeak, the game freezes/hangs. I already tried reloading the game, but the freezing problem still appears.

Is it another Anti Piracy check? Or my game has corrupted data?

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Try deleting the save, or try this: https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=24818.0;topicscreen

3. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Uhm, I don't really know the problem but answering these questions can really help the others solve it:
    1. What flashcart and firmware do you use?
    2. Are you playing using the working patch that's available here (search the technical help section for Anandjones' post)

4. englishteacher

I used R4 v1.18. Yes, I'm using the working patch.

I can load the game just fine but when I go to Icepeak (the fifth island) for the first time in Adventure Mode, my game freezes.

Please help me. Thanks.

Edit: Already tried using another Patch but the freezing problem still appears.
    Is this another AP Protection?

5. sadboy

sadboy Guest

try new firmware like 1.19 or 1.23 for r4ds mine dont frezze because i have acekard2i

6. Sonic51

Sonic51 Member

try youtube, i found the patch there an it works

7. englishteacher

I only found patches that solves the save file corrupted problem at startup.

I also tried this game on DSTT Unofficial v1.17a07, it also freezes after I get in the Cannon at Cubirynth (the 4th Island) to go to Icepeak (the 5th Island). It only shows the sky of Icepeak and then the game freezes.

I don't know if this is really AP Protection or my game has corrupted data.

I will tried redownload this game first, but I think this is another AP protection.

8. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Yep, seems like this is a new issue for R4DS. Have you tried looking at GBAtemp forums? Most of the patch posted here are gotten from there. :)

9. englishteacher

I also tried this game on my DSTT Unofficial v1.17a07 and it also freezes at the same spot. I'm already search GBAtemp forum and only find patches that solved the save file corrupted problem at startup.

Does anyone else here able to go to Icepeak (the 5th Island) at Adventure Mode on this game?

10. sadboy

sadboy Guest

upload your save then ill get past that like 1 more gems then ill make a save for you upload your save in megupload now

11. englishteacher

Here is my save file at Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8JDH4G3Z

I already redownload the game, but it still freezes on my R4 and DSTT.

12. sadboy

sadboy Guest

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JM18B65F rename it to your save name first for all acekard2i it dont frezze yha number1 cart
    Post Merge: [time]1255206290[/time]
    did you try save post up if it worked or not

13. englishteacher

Thanks for the save file, I don't the freezing problem anymore. I hope there won't be any freezing problem again.

14. bootpolish

bootpolish New Member

Thank you upload worked great! :)

15. chris.wright

chris.wright New Member

I have acekard2i with akaio released1.4.1 proper but cant find the patch for this game please point me in right direction...bit slow at this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.