1. This forum is in read-only mode.

mario and sonic at the olympic winter games(U) icepeak help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by silver395, Jul 17, 2011.

1. silver395

silver395 Member

I'm play the adventure tours when i beat big bullet Bill and jump to the cannon to icepeak then the game freeze.
    Can somebody upload a SAV file that has pass icepeak or go to my SAV file and pass icepeak then upload it.
    this is my save file:ifile.it/x1vtkdc/xpa-masw.SAV
    I'm using DSTT card.
    Sorry for my bad english.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Have you updated the last files for your DSTT ?

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.msg1303429#msg1303429

If not work then maybe baypass it useing the DeSmuME emualtor and save, rename a backup copy of the save from .sav to .dsv and back again after bypass.

3. silver395

silver395 Member

it didn't work

4. retrogamefan

retrogamefan Well-Known Member

I fixed the IcePeak freezing issue, so I know it works. Your save will still contain AP data because you were not using the correct fix while playing the game. You need to do these steps in order :

1. Update to your DSTT firmware to v6.61
    2. Load 4274 - Mario & Sonic at the oOympic Winter Games (U), then load your save
    3. Enter cannon to IcePeak. Then as SOON as you get to IcePeak, SAVE & QUIT.
    4. Soft reset or restart your DS.
    5. Load 4274, then load your save.

I have personally tested your save, so I know this works

5. Jhon 591

That's true if you where playing befour the fix the save file will still contain a part of the AP, Same as the 999 game was.

6. silver395

silver395 Member

so i just download the update DSTT firmware v6.61 then copy and replace the files into my TTmenu in my SD card and the DSTT card will update right.But when i load my game and go to icepeak then the game freeze again.I don't know why?I do right you say.

7. Jhon 591

RGF why not just upload the by-passed .sav ?

I bined this game long agow :(

8. silver395

silver395 Member

oh well,i just hope there will be a guy that will upload a save file that is start at icepeak. ;D

9. Jhon 591

What it is basicly if you played the game befour the lastest updates, the save file will have a part of the AP in it as anti piracy

So if one starts a fresh game the AP wil be blocked from been written into the save file.

But if bypassed then the save can be over ridden and the AP unblocked from the save file and ready to be re-used

I may just redownload the game and bypass that part myself and post it back onto you!

EDIT: downloading the game now.

10. retrogamefan

silver395 here is your save for 4274. I have played some of IcePeak Mountain.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H341SJ6P

11. Jhon 591

Removed:

12. silver395

silver395 Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHHHHHH YOU GUYS.YOU TWO ARE SUPERS.
    and about the update files.Yes,I already replace them in my TTmenu folder. ;D

13. Jhon 591

Your welcome from us both, But when i tryed it on my YSMenu they was no freeze on first go.

Very strange but leave it at that xD!

14. retrogamefan

Jhon, I tested the .sav you made for 4274 and it WILL still freeze in IcePeak Mountain if you go near a green Warp Pipe because you didn't follow the steps I posted above, so silver395, use the .sav file I posted

15. silver395

silver395 Member

uh...guys.1 more problem...when i load my game again there a messenge say the data is corrupted and will be delete,...press A to continue.When i try press it and it show the messenge again and again.are there a way to fix it?

16. Jhon 591

I see what he means now passed the ice-peek and not to the ice-peek lol

Have you re-placed the backup copy's you have ? and try again.

17. razordragon430

razordragon430 Active Member

can any one give me the link to this game
    i am collecting games that freeze and see if my emulator makes them freeze

18. Jhon 591

Most links are now dead but found a working one! http://www.mediafire.com/?ijywmjqxtdz

What emaultor ?
    Post Merge: [time]1311100007[/time]
    silver395

Try this it's RGF save but i renamed it to your ROM's name incase that was an issue

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z99L2YRG

19. razordragon430

razordragon430 Active Member

i usually see people complaining about how their roms not working but when i play it on my NO$ GBa it works perfectly fine no freezes nor nothing

20. silver395

silver395 Member

WOW!!!!! it don't show messenge again.THANKS MAN.