1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (j) White screen

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Nintendude92, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nintendude92

Nintendude92 Well-Known Member

So I just downloaded the rom onto my M3 Sakura 1.12 and tried it, when the game boots up I get a white screen. Anyone else having this issue?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/board,16.0.html

3. Nintendude92

Ok, I give up. Why did you link me to the same board?

4. anandjones

My bad. Supposed to link you to Common Issues. Have you tried updating your cheat database (has the piracy fix) from cheats.gbatemp.net. Might fix it.

5. Nintendude92

My bad too then. And yeah I have, it didn't work for me.

After snooping around for a few days on gbatemp M3 users (excluding simply, go figure) have no fix. I did update from 1.12 to 1.34 though, fixed a few other roms for me.

6. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

I've got a similar problem, the screen turns black and freezes after choosing a game data (R4).

How can I fix this (maybe you even have the fixed version, 'cause i have no idea how to fix it)?

Also I don't know how to apply the stuff from gbatemp x_x

7. anandjones

Get the latest cheat database from cheats.gbatemp.net for the piracy fix.

8. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

Thanks for that link but I've got no idea at all how to use this stuff ???

And I can't find any manuals on how to do the patch th rom to bypass the anti-piracy check lock...

Maybe you have one, if you already have a working one, could you send it to me by E-Mail?

Thanks^^

9. anandjones

Just overwrite the database file that already exists amongst your firmware files.

10. magickoopa24

magickoopa24 New Member

I have a problem with the rom as well: I use no$gba, and whenever I try to load a empty file, it says that the image failed. HELP!

11. anandjones

Likely incompatible then.

12. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

Well, first I'd like to thank you for the help up to now. When I put the stuff on my R4 (under "_system_" it did give me some cheats, but only for some of the games, like FF4, Kirby SSU, FFTA2 and a few others), I didn't get any cheats for the M&L x_x

Maybe, if you have it, you could put the working "usrcheat.dat" on the page available for download, 'cause I really don't know how to go on now...

Also, I tried putting the stuff of Narin on it, but without success...

Please, Please, PLEASE! If you have a "usrcheat.dat" or the "CHEAT.DAT" with the working cheats (for the xenophobia, if that helps), then send it to

[email protected]

This is my spam-email adress, and I really hope you can help me, because have tried everything I could...

Thanks in forward...

13. anandjones

That's probably because the default cheat database from cheats.gbatemp.net only has cheats for E and U games (not J, otherwise just get the J database).

14. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

I tried that, it doesn't show up any cheats anyway.

I looked at the codes of it on r4cce and it said it was for the rom "Mario and Luigi RPG 3"

Anyone know where to get exactly that rom? The Link, if possible^^

15. anandjones

It is here :)

16. SilverSister

SilverSister New Member

I have the same problem with Final Fantasy IV.

I tried both US [iND] and Europe [Xenophobia] version, with the Europe server as my location, but both briefly boot the game and then I get a blank white screen, so yeah... guess that's not the problem. :p

Would the cheats.gbatemp.net help out with it, has anyone tried it with the game, perchance?

[I'm a terrible newbie with all these roms, and I've never faced issues with my other downloads before... don't judge my too much, plz] :-X

17. CharrX

CharrX Well-Known Member

Uh, strange. You use R4, right? On mine it worked, without using any special cheat.dat or anything else. Also, make a new thread for your problem, this one is only for Mario Luigi RPG 3^^

@Anandjones: that's exactly the one I used... Well, I guess I'll have to search on, someone on Youtube got it working, I'll ask him for some help^^

Thanks anyway.

18. anandjones

19. jasonli

jasonli New Member

It's me again. I've downloaded this game, M&LRPG3!!! ( the Japanese version), just to try it out. But when I started created a new file, there's nothin' but a blank screens. What should I do?!?

P.S It's the same thing in mic test.

20. warriorblade

warriorblade Well-Known Member

use piracy fix in gbatemp cheat file
    http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.