1. This forum is in read-only mode.

mario and luigi - bowsers inside story ...not working past selecting save slot

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by andy_bolton123, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi all im a newbie to all this so forgive me if im asking something dumb here , iv just downloaded bowsers inside story and it will only work up to the point of asking which save slot to use , at this point it freezes and wont let me pick one ? is this to do with it requiring a patched version , dont know what this means but just been reading about it lol ....its a standard ds with r4 revoulution for ds (thats what it says in the card anyway) . thanks

2. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

right... you can patch it but its better to use the ysmenu i will give you a link to a download or some help now.
    once you do this you can play all the newest games on your r4.... which is good :D

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=22731.0

skip all the patching stuff and go down to the 2nd blue box were is says 'FINALLY, there is a fix for R4 with Ysmenu!'
    ok go through it slowly and hope it works... :)

3. mlsterben

mlsterben Member

Can I have some help finding where to download YSMenu on their website? I've been looking all over that site and haven't found anything on their "Software" or home pages. :-\

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

the link in my sig takes you to a patched version of the rom and it has ysmenu with it. - https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=25051.msg403163#msg403163

5. Acme499

Acme499 Member

does that ysmenu work for the TTDS? On my TTDS it does the same thing as Andy discribes. Sorry if I ask a dumb question. I just want the game to work.

6. hi kieran-123 thanks for your reply to my post ... hoping you can give me some more help with this as im determined to do it , as i said im new to all this stuff and not brilliant wth computers but ill get there lol . just a couple of things up to now mate .... iv downloaded the ys menu file and the patching tool file however as the instuctions say ...( Locate YSMenu.nds and patch using a R4 Dldi patching tool download here:) .....i dont know how to patch ???. Also i tried to just carry on hoping it would instruct me how to patch later and when i was told to run ttextract.exe it just says cannot open ttmenu.dat in a black dialog window ....... help please im determined to learn and sort it ... thanks

7. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If you are using an original r4 revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) then use this on a clean formatted microSD card, Backup games and .sav first

This will work with a clean rom of mario and luigi BIS (U) version of the game

DSTT v1.17a12 For R4 Original Users

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mxtlngy5jyr

If you wish to use both firmware's or kernals as they say, then use this and boot Ysmenu.nds to play certin games

R4 Firmware v1.18 + DSTT v1.17a12

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ytnjenfztzn

Post Merge: [time]1261671840[/time]
    Already made files!

8. Acme499

Acme499 Member

Are there any other links or mirrors for this game?

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

on my topic, there are two sites to download from, mediafire and 4shared.com

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=25051.msg403163#msg403163

10. nyjetfan21

nyjetfan21 Member

I am using the cyclo ds and I am also having the same problem.Any help would be great to get me going as well.Also where can I get the updated version of cyclo version 1.56,I have 1.55...Thanks...

11. Thanks pal , iv got all that onto the ds now and its working for a few of the games that would not work ... gta chinatown wars and ben ten , however maio and luigi still not working , with the rom off romulation which im assuming is a clean version it wont go past selecting save point and with a patched version from alink on here to mediafire and with that it goes past selecting save and then stays black ? is there anything special i need to do to get it to work ?? iv tried putting the game in the different directories and starting up like that but still no joy ..... argh .......i am on the r4 revolution for ds (ndsl/nds) as it says on game card anyway , and iv downloaded the both firmware option you gave , cheers pal

12. nyjetfan21

nyjetfan21 Member

I tried to patch the game with this:READ CAREFULLY!

[CycloDS]
    Download the latest firmware (1.56 beta 3) [Released 9/18], and you should be able to play without problems. This latest one also fixes the issues people were having with GTA, Scribblenauts, Pokemon Platinum, etc.

Already beat the game with this latest firmware, so everything is working great.

How to Patch :

DOWNLOAD PATCH MIRROR OR HERE

1. Rename original ROM into xpa-mal3.nds Put it together in same folder with xpa-ml3.bat, xdelta.exe, xpa-ml3.crack.
    2. Run xpa-ml3.bat
    3. Wait until :
    Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story crack by Xenophobia
    Patching...
    Done
    Press any key to continue . . .
    4. And will Create a New ROM xpa-mal3-cracked.nds Size: 89.2 MB (93,613,056 bytes)

When I try to run Run xpa-ml3.bat I get a new file saying its cracked but there is nothing in the file it is totally blank.It fails to load.How do I fix that.

13. heres an update ! i downloaded the option with both firmwares and put the games back on , as a said firther up this post it woked for some but still not mario and luigi (bis) .....now then for anyone like me still having trouble ....i downloaded the american version from romulation , im in britain btw, and loaded it in the ys menu on the ds , before i loaded i clicked on the cheat box with the pen and activated the cheat at the very top of the list ... and when i tried it this worked woooo ! at last lol

14. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

You don't need the cheats on with a clean (US) rom

Most fixes with DSTT v1.17a12 firmware are the (US) roms

With both fimware's you need to boot YSmenu.nds first and then your clean mario and luigi BIS (US) ROM after

For the games that don't work with ysmenu.nds run them as normal with kernal v1.18

15. Acme499

Acme499 Member

ace1o1 your mirrors actually freeze as soon as i choose the games so that's a bust... I am trying to work on patching it no succes so i'm giving up. keep me updated for more mirrors tho'!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.