1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mario 64 DS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by diskjocki, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

When I beat the bomb boss (the very first boss) in Mario 64 DS & get the star, the games freezes. I've read the common issues thread and I've tried formatting my micro SD card (sandisk 2 GB, if it matters). Anyone know what's wrong?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Flash cart type?

3. diskjocki

Crap, forgot to mention that. DSTT.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...then I have no clue :(

Prehaps it needs one of those arm7 patches?

I never had to do that to my roms-mine' is an acekard 2.1-the game works fine...

I THINK there is another dump of the game (a newer one-may be better) so if that is availbe download that...

But before you do-which region or version of the rom is it?

(U) or (E)...which?

5. diskjocki

I think it's (U).

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

So what is the rom name exactly?

If it's been altered than...well yep you have no clue XD

(my net is worse-sure 70 hours to download 8Gb is ok-but on wireles broadband that shares signal with mobile phone networks-crap-ola!0

7. diskjocki

It's called Super Mario 64 DS. I looked in the cheats and it had the folders; Super Mario 64 (U) & Super Mario 64 v1.1 (U).
    So I'm guessing it's (U).

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...i mis-read the title-I thought we were on about the mario party game XD

Anyway, It seems the rom name has been altered-this MAY be the first dump-and not the 1.1 (which would be better)...

Unfortunalty I have the official game and thus can't scope it out in anyway-got it before i went into rom-ing-sorry mate-hope anyone else here can help...

(waves help flags to other users)

9. diskjocki

Hm, will the 1.1 version make a difference?

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No idea-for me it's helped having updated roms...

I might as well ask-is your card's firmware up to date?

(dumb to ask-as it was one of the first to come out-but in my desperate attempt to help I ran outta ideas 4 post ago :( )

11. ICE-X

ICE-X Well-Known Member

I don't really think it makes much of a difference from 1.0 to 1.1, but why would they make a new version is something was wrong with the original.

12. diskjocki

Yeah it's the latest update. There apparently hasn't been an update in like 8 months anyway.

13. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

try i on no$gba, see if it works on there ;D

then try download off here, like (U) ones and (E) ones, doubt that will make anything better, but still worth a shot :D

14. diskjocki

I really can't be bothered downloading NO$GBA, plus I'd have to set up all the options etc.

15. miros

miros Well-Known Member

Have you tried redownloading the game and if so, maybe holding down the A button while the game is loading might prevent your game from freezing. I really do not know much about DDST cards enough to provide an exact answer, sorry (If it were an AceKard that would be different story) Best of luck,
    miros

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

@Miros-apparently he's net is bad and thus cannot-it was predownloaded...

My guess is that it's fully downloaded (incomplete games won't even show) but the A button is worth a try XD

17. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Ah,DSTT.Same as mine.Apparently,you know,the old style.Back up everything and try to format it.

18. diskjocki

Already tried that, twice.

19. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Hmm,for me,it's rarely to see DSTT freeze.Try using the firmware v.17a the unofficial one.Before doing it,backup first as I never try yet the firmware v.17a the unofficial one.

20. diskjocki

Didn't work, tried the unofficial firmware and still freezes as soon as I get the star.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.