1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Manufacturer's Warranty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by damanali, Aug 5, 2012.

1. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Has anybody here got their item sent back to the Manufacturer under the Manufacturer's Warranty? Like how was it processed and how long did it take before you got back your item? Did you spent a lot for the shipping?

Also, do Chinese manufacturers honor such warranty?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

this is such a broad question its almost impossible to answer.

Who is the manufacturer you are referring to?

3. reekon_retro

reekon_retro Well-Known Member

What Loony said. You should at least give some details about the product.
    Is it xbox, xbox360, zune, pc/parts, other countless procucts made by Microsoft?
    PCs have different manufacturers but run Microsoft OSs. Give the manufacture name i.e: HP, Lenovo, Asus , other countless companies, etc.
    When you provide these then people who have some info can share with you.

4. damanali

Oh, I sorry about that. I was referring to any items thats been sent back to the actual manufacturer and your experience with it.

I bought a tablet a month ago from a local online store here in my country. Its been great for the past few weeks, till a week ago that it was bugging up that it hangs and shuts itself off. And when I turned it back on, it said it was not encrypted well and cannot read the files and it has to factory reset itself, deleting all the files and apps inside. Good thing I backed up it before it went like that so it will be easily restored.

It went that way all week till today when i was trying to restore it, my pc cannot access the tablet. So i checked the storage setting on the tablet and the internal storage has no capacity left except for the OS and and internal apps. Therefore, i cant restore my backup to it, and even install new apps. I tried factory resetting it and its still the same no capacity so i'm assuming its a hardware defect since it cannot read and access its own storage, and i havent been messing with the software like changing roms or mods for it to act like that.

So, i contacted the online store for the warranty and they told me to bring it tomorrow so it will be sent back to the manufacturer in China for the 12 months warranty it came with.

So thats why I'm asking for your experiences in dealing with Manufacturer's warranty. Cause there are different warranties for every store like store warranty that if the product messed up, they will exchange it with the same product for replacement. Sometimes they will refund you the money. Sometimes they have in-house technicians that will fix it.

5. Loonylion

yes, and we're telling you it depends on the product and the manufacturer. Without more information about the manufacturer, we can't help.

6. damanali

Ok, never mind. I was just asking for different experiences dealing with manufacturer's warranty on their own defective items and how they handled it. Just delete this thread. Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.

7. Megiddo

Megiddo Active Member

Well, for what it's worth, whenever I had to send my laptop for repairs within warranty, they would take at the very least a month before it came back. And since your tablet is going to china, I'd say that'll probably be the case, atleast.

8. orethrius

orethrius Member

In its defense, this is actually a fairly broad topic.
    In the case of, say, a washing machine, a technician will usually be scheduled to come out and fix it.
    Your case is a tablet computer, which requires more information, for one reason only: how the company handles its warranties is dictated by that company.

Let's draw a parallel to tower PCs:
    HP, for instance, authorizes repair centers to handle the work, so you can get your system back within a week.
    Acer, on the other hand, does no such thing - so you'd have to pack the system, ship the system, wait about a month to hear back from them, and receive the system, at which time it MIGHT be fixed.

The same is true of tablets, only even more diverse; I've seen Acer repairs take a week (defective power button) to three months (defective flash memory during a supply shortage). In your case, one month - as suggested by Megiddo - sounds about right.

9. Loonylion

All this assumes that the manufacturer actually honours their warranty, some try every dodge possible to avoid it.

10. orethrius

orethrius Member

Fun Fact: The more extreme the form of "Good" used in a manufacturer's name, the more likely they are to dodge warranty issues.
    The exception being Samsung, which makes fantastic products, but I swear they pay their service department in rancid earwig feces.

11. thricee

thricee Well-Known Member

never bought an officcial product from their original company.i could care less about paying them money. LONG LIVE PIRACY.

12. orethrius

orethrius Member

I hate to break this to you, but 3D printing hasn't yet evolved to the point where you can effectively pirate an entire PC. ;)

13. thricee

so you mean to tell me i cant buy or mod my pc to my liking and i have to pay for a pc that is made from Intel lets say?

wtf where do you live?

here in greece we can construct our own pc and with low cash.

i got a 4year old pc that runs most games on HD as well as emulates without a problem most consoles such as wii/ps2/psp

i ve never bought a game other than diablo3 and i can have in the background d3 AH/wmp/IDM/jd and still play with high fps league of legends. my pc is modded in such a way that acts on its full capacity.only bad thing that i cant really mod is my internet connection speed but that will be changed soon since i am moving to a new isp. I got a 10TB of different HDD on my pc all full with stuff. so how exactly i cannot fully experience my pc? O_O

only thing i cant seem to be able to make with my pc is sex and making me coffee apart from that it fills all of my other needs.

^
    :eek:bamaprove:

14. orethrius

orethrius Member

Hear that "whoosh"ing sound? That's the joke going over your head. :D

What I meant, and I'll account for other understandings than English here, is that you cannot effectively pirate an entire PC.
    Sure, you can build one from stock, but again - those pieces are not free.
    The joke was that 3D printers are not yet advanced enough to handle printing every component you would need to build that PC.
    Thus, at the current time, you cannot pirate an entire PC. :D

15. thricee

i can and i did.society just isnt ready to accept this cause they are inferior and less intelectual than i am.

16. orethrius

orethrius Member

...I'm not telling you jokes anymore. ::)

17. thricee

[​IMG]

thats my m8s

18. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

GIVE IT TIME D:
    We just need to sort out our lego pieces first to fit in the right spots.

19. orethrius

orethrius Member

THANK YOU. :D

Also, isn't there already a Lego PC case design?
    ...and you could easily make Lego pieces from a 3D printer...
    Egad, we're closer than I thought! :D

thricee: paid =/= pirated. I thought you knew that? :p

20. Loonylion

I had no trouble the one time I needed a warranty repair on my monitor. In fact they sent me a replacement ahead of time and even picked the faulty one up, all at their own expense.
    Several.