1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Manga vs. Manga, Anime vs.Manga, Anime vs. Anime

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by kamage, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Seeing as nobody has started a voting contest, I might as well give it a shot.

Welcome to the tournament of Mangas!

As we prep our contestants, I should mention the rules before we get started!

1.Vote only once, and you need a basis to support your vote on

2.Call outs are open, but need to be verified by someone...(That's Me)

3. Please nominate another manga for the upcoming competitions.

Okay, now that that's settled, Let us proceed to the second matchup:

Ouch! It looks like Ninjas beat Pirates with a....WHOPPING 1 vote to zero, it looks like those burly pirates couldn't keep up with the cunning tactics of the ninjas

Anyways...

In the red corner, a discontinued series, but still packing a punch, Kingdom Hearts!

Now we all know of this keyblade, and its ability to open doors, the best thing about it is taht you'll never lose your key in this Manga! In addition to that utopia of a key, we have the everlasting disney characters, Donald, Mickey, Goofy, you name it its there! this match is gonna be a magical one at that ;D (Get it?)

In the Blue Corner, we have the controversal manga:School RUMBLE!

Look at that, it's the Yagami Highschool right there! The goofy lovechain still stays intact (Kenji-Tenma-Oji) but will it chain some votes together in this weird love triangle? As do the characters in the manga, they don't know.

Ouch, it looks like it's gonna be a massive pile-up upon Kingdom Hearts, since it's not widely kown amongst people, but they'll stand strong against the heavily emotional School Rumble (Kind of...). It looks like these two are already at a standoff, but what'll be the outcome from this Brawl?

Round 2:

Kingdom Hearts-
    School Rumble-

Previous rounds:
    Round 1:
    Naruto-1
    One Piece-0

LET THE VOTING BEGIN ;D

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Maybe a poll will do it? Anyways, I'd say Naruto, better as it has better fighting in it, it's more entertaining as well, and it's got funky music, there's many more reasons also. You know, Naruto don't really have that much weapons in it, except kunainai knifes and shuriken etc. so I wouldn't say wide arsenal. You probably don't watch it.

3. coolboy190

coolboy190 New Member

;) Naruto,of course as it's more entertaining.

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Yeah, I do..some times, I'm jsut finding something to write about it >.> UI can't use a poll, becasue it'll be a continuous thing... like round 1, round 2, etc

You have to try and spice some things about it

5. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

School rumble because I think that Kingdome harts is more of a game to me other than a Manga/Anime. (>0.0)>

6. gryphoondawn

gryphoondawn Well-Known Member

Manga
    Comparison of manga to anime and manga anime

anime and manga anime VS manga
    If the anime came from the manga, dont expect to feel disappointed on the story. Some editor tries to shorten the film. they cut some of the important events that trigger the important/s of a plot and sometimes the whole story which makes the story more complicated. They usually change the the order of the story(chronological order).

Examples:
    The editor descided to put the final battle to the front of the scenes then makes a flashbacks.-it is quite interesting for me.

Eventhough the characteristics of the main character was shown, the details and characteristics of the characters changes. (only occurs on the people new to the job industry of making a manga).Some part of the manga was leftout and the story turns out to be crappy and became the downfall of an anime film. The sound was the good part of an anime because on a the sound create an atmosphere to the anime. It can create suspense, humour etc...-any emotions and it can also tells the feeling of a character, the location of the shot etc...(really interesting). ------they usually remove most of the part just to fit into the screens.

if you want to see a nice anime try Black Cat(the scenario was different from the book but the story become interesting on this anime), Dn Angel, Inuyasha etc...

Manga
    Manga is really great because you can see the clear sketch (i prefered pencil drawings :) really nice to draw during spare time). also the posting and angles was great. The only bad thing in manga is when the drawing dosent seem realistic(Elements of reality/realistic). It was geat exept some artist dosen't manage to draw some of the hard angles that is quite interesting :-\. In a manga, the reader can know the mind of a character and the background was usually good.

7. gryphoondawn

gryphoondawn Well-Known Member

TimeGuard

Hmm naruto or one piece

Naruto have a unique and interesting story and quite interesting but takes too long. Anyhow the movie was great and quite convincing to capture the interest of the viewers like me. It is beleivable and the atmosphere + angles was good but i am not sure for other movie or anime coz i have recently watch a movie of it. i think the movie was about their adventure with an actress that turns out to be a princess.

My vote if for "NARUTO!"

8. Teeb

Teeb New Member

I like One Piece better, if only for the slapstick humor.

9. lunitari

lunitari New Member

ONE PIECE!

I like the characters & storyline more.

10. ALL NIGHT

ALL NIGHT Member

Naruto ;D i love it

11. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Hey, can someone lock this topic please, I gave up on it months ago >.>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.