1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Malls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rjsec4ever, Feb 26, 2010.

1. rjsec4ever

rjsec4ever Well-Known Member

Admit it, we all like malls. What's your favorite by design, variety of stores, etc.
    It won't beat what is 25 minutes away from my house though.
    [​IMG]

2. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

I... really like shirts like this. But there's nothing like that. Just Tilly's Abercrombie & Fitch, Zumiez, Hot Topic...

I really like the Gamestop there, but my favourite place to go to is the pet shop. I got my cat there... They only get cats when shelters are too full, all the rest are dogs, by the way. But, like it matters. They're cute, and soft, and furry! Oh yeah, and then there's the Verizon store. There's this really handsome guy who works there, and he has the most awesome sport-touring bike ever. Oh, and I guess I like HĂ€agen-Dazs ice cream, though I don't really go there much...

Aside from that, that's pretty much it for the mall. I like movie theatres a lot better...

3. rjsec4ever

4. MessoMesso

I don't think I'll be going to New Jersey any time soon...

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

my all time favourite is the Gateshead MetroCentre. I've been to bluewater, which is the UK's biggest shopping centre, and I really wasnt impressed. I swear the metrocentre is bigger. bluewater was all hugely overpriced designer shops, while the metrocentre actually has variety.

6. rjsec4ever

Then I'm probably guessing you didn't go to the Madrid XanadĂș, as you're in Europe.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

im not in Europe, I'm in the UK. Europe is on the other side of the English channel.

8. rjsec4ever

Ok, so not mainland Europe. I knew that you are in the UK, from the post, but you're WAY much closer to Madrid than myself.

9. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

I like malls that have lots of game/comic/manga shops. And giant food courts. Those are my favorite.

10. rjsec4ever

I agree. The Xanadu Meadowlands will be huge, I know that.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I hate malls. The malls I've been to are mostly just clothing stores and have too many people inside of them. That being said the best I've been to is West Edmonton Mall (biggest mall in NA I think). When I think about it, it's not really big, but it has two huge food courts, an amusement park with the best roller coaster I've ever been on, and a indoor waterpark (with a zip line and bungee jumping).

12. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

If I could actually enter a mall that wasn't always packed with people, I might visit them more often. But just the thought of finding a carpark and shopping with thousands of people just makes sick.

13. MessoMesso

Have you been to any malls in Florida lately? They're insanely empty, save for a few European tourists. And then, you get on the bus, and everyone is from the UK... It's like, woah.

14. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

I agree with George Carlin's view on malls and despise them.

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Yes, yes Malls are convinient but they tend to kill off small town businesses :p

Back in the 80's & 90's the town I'm at had a flourishing economy, there were different business establishments everywhere that offered a variety of services.

But then during the end of the last century/millennium the biggest Mall corporation of our country built one of their malls at our town, now all of those old businesses fell & our town looks extremely depressed :p

It used to be that the local wet & dry goods Market & the town proper was alive 24/7 with the night time establishments (pubs, waterholes bars, hostels etcetera) open along side stores that stayed open 24/7.

We did get cases of mugging, murder & theft back then, but it's just a part of community life I guess.

Now the main streets where businesses stood literally look like a Ghost town & several old buildings have been torn down :(

And what's worse, our town isn't even a community where the majority of the people are above middle class. The Malls that were opened don't even have that much attendance from shoppers :p

What most people only do when they do go there is to cool off especially now that we're experiencing somewhat of a dry spell. People just go to those Malls so they can bask in the Malls' air conditioning system, Mall shoppers could be counted with your fingers :p

AND, even worst news, that corporation is currently constructing three more Malls in the town's vicinity, so yeah our town's done for :p