1. This forum is in read-only mode.

making psx eboots on psp...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'm about to convert my copy of metal gear solid (the REAL thing) into an eboot, and I just thought I'd try the multi-eboot for once...

Now I'm curious-Now a good friend of mine with a hacked psp...actually bought a game (???don't ask) which was the final fantasy one...7 I think...

Anyway, you can "change disc" with the home button (press home, and gives you the option)...

I was wondering-does making an multi-eboot do that-or am I doing several at once?

How does multi eboots work during/as/finished product ?

(last part confusing, but I just need to know as much as posible..before I download the image packs XD)

2. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

you need a multi-disc official game first and when you convert it holt CRTL and click the images

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...yeah I have the actual 2 disc set...

I'm using psx2psp btw, I just want to really know...

Can I convert the 2 disc into 1 eboot with the option to switch in-game, or must I make 2 eboots?

(I will remember the CTRL one, thanks :) )

4. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

I also have it
    but in the home menu you can see the vurtual memcards for all your ps1 games and you can just copy the data to the second disk's card when needed
    (how i played FF7 , 8 and 9)

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...ok...

It wasn't the save data I was concerned-I'm already aware...

I just wanted my conversion to just have a button change for the disc, rather than exit out just to play the second disc...

So....yes or no?

(I read the guides..but couldn't find anything relating to this subject)

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I used PSX2PSP 1.4.2 to create my Multi-Disc Eboot of Final Fantasy 9, ripped from my own discs.

First you just make an image of each of your discs, then you open PSX2PSP and choose all the discs. You can select up to 5 discs total in PSX2PSP.

Then you'll create one large Eboot file with all the discs. And on the PSP screen when you press HOME there will be a "Change Disc" option that shows the different discs. I believe the multi-disc eboot's "Change Disc" doesn't work with the earliest POP, so in order to use it correctly you'll have to run it on a later version of POPs if you use popsloader.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

thanks-I kinda tried it anyway-so far so good :)

One other thing I forget to ask (but I found the anser) was the save issue-to change the disc it needs to be as the game went, unlike other games where you just save and then continue on...thus the memory card trick won't work...

...and 3.71 is best to use on this, to avoid the "double speak" the codec chats have, lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.