1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Majora's Mask Virtural Console Sound Problem?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Nintendophile, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Nintendophile

Nintendophile Member

(Please note: This is the Wii Virtual Console version that I'm talking about, not the Collector's Edition Disk.)

I was wondering if anyone else notices a slight sound problem in the Virtual Console release of "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask". At certain times, the music seems to "crackle" for me. For example, when you're transitioning from one area of Clock Town to another, the background music will crackle a bit. (It's happened in other areas of the game, but I first noticed it in Clock Town. And it only happens when you're transitioning from one area to another.)

Has anyone else noticed this, or has anyone else had this problem? (Or other problems?) I hope I'm not the only one... Please let me know.

Thanks!

(Nintendophile)

2. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

Majora's Mask is notorious for being a title that's very difficult to emulate properly. It's one of the few games that pushed the N64 to its absolute limits. Unfortunately I can't offer you any support; have you tried Nintendo's tech forums?

3. Nintendophile

Nintendophile Member

Thanks, Xelados. I had a feeling that it was something along those lines. Just about ever post I've read has had some remark about Majora's Mask being a bit buggy, but all those versions were from the Collector's Edition Disk. I was just surprised that, if this is also a problem for the Wii Virtual Console's version, that no one else has mentioned it yet. -shrugs- I appreciate your suggestion! I'll check Nintendo's web site out.

-Thanks!

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Have you tried trying to contanct nintendo about this?

Personally, it's one of those games that needs a bit of work to get working-I have the collector's disk and that have a rumble issue (it locks up when on...odd).

It's a big task prehaps...

5. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

Yeah, Majora's Mask was a very intensive game, and Nintendo made the best use of the Expansion Pak. The game might've even had extra memory on the cartridge, so who knows?

It's a wonderful game to own, but it's a shame that the official VC release is buggy.

6. Avatar33

it probolbly just happened when they put it on the virtual console
    for i have the collectors edition disc and ive noticed things wrong with the sound as well