1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Majora's mask on 3DS or Wii?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Rayman4321, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Rayman4321

Rayman4321 Active Member

With OoT coming to the 3DS, i hope Majora's mask get's more attention, i think MM is superior to OoT because it's deep character storylines and kind of depressing and sad moments.
    Ofcourse, i know that MM can't dethrone OoT, but it still would be great if MM get's ported/remade.

What do you think?
    And no i'm not counting the Virtual Console version of MM.

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i think it would be a decent idea to see it on the DS, but would it have the processing capabilities to render proper graphics? because i feel there is no way for a small hand held console to ever properly render the same graphics introduced by the N64.... but that is my opinion.....

3. Batman168

Batman168 Well-Known Member

The NDS could def. handle it, with a proper port, but the controls would be god-awful. I say we wait for the 3ds to make a release of it. (Which may never happen :[ )

4. Rayman4321

Rayman4321 Active Member

I was talking about the 3DS, and if OoT is getting remade, i guess the controls and graphics are no problem anymore.

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

the controls are still gonna be god-awful, even on the 3DS, but i can see graphics being okay, it's just the N64 has 9 buttons and 3DS has 6....controls are gonna be awful.... :'(

6. Rayman4321

Rayman4321 Active Member

What about the PSP-like thing above the D-Pad?
    I have no idea what it's called.

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

that would just make movements similar, it would probably require multiple keys pressed at the same time for the c-buttons, and will probably be hard as hell to remember....

8. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Or areas of the touchscreen could be used in place of the C buttons. I hope that they move the analogue stick on the 3DS to the other side of the console before it goes to retail. Or have two; one on each side.

9. kammithecamel

kammithecamel Well-Known Member

The 3DS is getting a port of Ocarina of Time, though. I'm sure that if Nintendo ports Majora's Mask, they'll have a pretty set control scheme from Ocarina. If they don't, it seems likely that we'll be seeing an N64 emulator once the 3DS gets hacked, and whoever makes it can use the Ocarina controls.

10. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Gonna throw this out there:

People with PSP's have been playing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for awhile with no complaints about the control scheme. Considering the 3DS will have all the same buttons (slightly different order, but that doesn't matter), and will have a processor and RAM far superior to the PSP, I don't really see running these games as an issue.

11. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

I agree with you man, not just because of that though. Hopefully it will get remade aswell on the 3DS, eventually.

12. Xynche

Xynche Well-Known Member

I complain :p, I greatly dislike playing oot and mm onmy psp, but I have a n64 so it's ok

13. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

here's a list of games that are already given :
    http://www.ripten.com/2010/06/16/full-3ds-release-list-revealed/