1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Major problem regarding inserting my SD card into laptop

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Xalfrea, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

OK, so the 4gb Kingston SD card I have is incompatible with my PC due to drive issues, and instead I've been putting it into my moms laptop for the past couple of months. No problems arose.

Problem is just a minute ago, whenever I inserted it, it says that it needs to be formatted before it can be used. And of course, if I format it, everything's erased.

Now what if I need to put in new games? Or what if I try to use another laptop and the format requirement still pops up? Am I stuck with the same games now? Frequently I back up my files onto the laptop in case something happens, but now I can't. Is there a way to bypass it or am I stuck?

2. NYman

NYman Well-Known Member

I think it's the SD Card that has a problem, test it with another SD Card OR SD Card reader. See if it works, if not.
    Then it's the laptop that has problems.

3. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

Micro sd problem

Does the memory card work in your flashcart?

If so its your laptop or memory stick reader.

If not your cart may need to be formatted due to spontaneous corruption.

4. Xalfrea

The SD card works perfectly fine in my Ak2i, so its possible it may be the laptop. I'll try alternate SDs I have, as well as using SD Reader that plugs into the USB slot as opposed to the memory stick reader.

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

your card got corrupted, so you will have to format and everything gets erased. next time always keep a backup of your things

6. Xalfrea

Problem was the last time I backed everything up was a month ago...and I really made a hell of a lot of progress in a lot of my games, particularly Pokemon Black.

And the way you word it makes it to be my fault that it got corrupted. How the hell was I supposed to not let that happen?

7. iluvfupaburgers

well, it is not your fault. sd cards tend to corrupt easy. just make sure you backup everytime you connect the sd card to the pc

8. Xalfrea

Odd... I just plugged it in awhile ago...and it was read. I backed the stuff perfectly.

Guess the laptop must have been out of whack.

9. iluvfupaburgers

well that is good. you should format the card anyways just incase

10. Xalfrea

Aw dang, wish I had done that, my mom already took it to work with her. But hopefully it's a onetime thing. Just to make sure I won't use my DS until I can use it again. Thanks for the help anyway.

11. iluvfupaburgers

sure. always make backups just in case