1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Maine girl with 'mermaid syndrome' dies

Discussion in 'General News' started by AcroneSF, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

Source

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Damn... one of the few real mermaids and she's hideous.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Nothing like Ariel. D:<

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

it kindda make me wonder how she dispose of her waste

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Another brave child of deformity since birth dies...

My heart to another lost soul-gone before they could be fully develop :(

And if your wondering-I can partially relate-no I don't have physical deformities...just mental ones.

But I been into schooling backgrounds with people like this one-not as bad but...somewhat in the same catagory.

...it's why if I hear a wheel chair joke in the street-me and my mates tend to scream out "HOW DO YOU LIKE IT" before crippling them...

We stand up for these people-they can't help it :(

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

She probably still had all the organs and orifices, just a fused set of legs.

7. sub367

sub367 New Member

Lmfao!

8. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well the artical says "Being born with "mermaid syndrome", also known as sirenomelia, meant that the Kennebunkport girl had only one partially working kidney, no lower colon or genital organs and legs fused from the waist down."

its better that way. Otherwise Natural Selection would think that kind of deformity would help us survive and added it into our gene pool.....

but then Morden Medician already kindda kick Natural Selection out of the picture...

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Interesting how both the common and medical names for the condition relate to mythical water creatures (and not the same one).

10. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

Ha, so true.
    I saw that Oprah episode she was featured in. Though I believe that it would've been best if she died off shortly before birth, I don't blame the doctors for working to help this kid. I believe that most people, given the choice, would choose to live on, it's like an instinct.
    Suicidal thoughts, in my opinion, are a human creation. I acknowledge that it's strong enough to override the life-maintaining instinct living things have.
    This kid wanted to live on, even though she's born like this, so I agree with mds64 that Shiloh's a brave girl.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Kids with life threatening are usually brave I noticed...

Too young to know fear-or because their parents brought them up brave?

Wouldn't know-mine jsut let me flow thru life-so I'm mostly the oppisite of this gal.

Still...it does lift spirits-I send my condolances to the family...

12. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

this is somewhat sad..
    but looking at the above posts..
    it just makes me lol...

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's just the internet-if you knew this girl or simerlar other's prehaps you'd be thinking like me :(

It's those who don't know from experience that go "meh-let's lighten up the place".

But the ones affected are a different story...

Some midgets don't give a dam if someone makes a short joke about them-but some take real offence and may sue you.

Individuals...

In the end-it's the internet-anything can happen...

[me=mds64]jumps out window[/me]

[me=mds64]survives[/me]

see?

14. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

=-="
    i do care...
    but,
    its goodthat they lighten it up..
    who would want to stay sad?

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Your right-I don't think the girl who died wouldn't want us to be sad-but to celebrate life-or be happy she was happy...or the fact that she even lived?

Prehaps...

No one wants sadness to be spread-let's just be happy we actually know her somewhat now :)

16. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

but how would she pee
    through her feet?

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

prehaps that is how she died-no way for the waste to escape...

Or maybe thru the other end-no mention of that being blocked.

(...I can't believe I'm answering this...)

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

If there was no way she can shit or piss, she'd be dead way before she turned ten. I'm guessing a tube and that she was able to take a crap.

Or look up and see what Tirrith said. It's like some people don't read the posts before they post. (This is directed at Chaun)

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I read above-and...I did miss this...

Opps AGAIN :(

20. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

News like that remind me how I'm (and 90% of the world) not thankful for have everything okay. We should thank God for being okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.